Should I initiate or should he?

To make it short: Met a guy on dating app 2 weeks ago, we texted, flirted. The next day he asked me out on a date, I said yes. On the date day he cancelled because of work but asked for a reschedule. I was okay with it and he suggested Monday. We met, it was great, and when I was leaving he asked if he could see me again when he returns from a 2 day trip to another country. I said I would love that and that was it. So it's been 2 days and I think he is back because I see him online. Now what?

I forgot to mention that he is not a good texter, and that's why I'm hesitating. He always responds few hours later and one time I waited a whole freaking day for one simple reply. And he always has an excuse. So yeah, I guess I'm not sure if he really is interested in me.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he came back today then wait until tomorrow or the day after. Then pop him a message. Realistically he might be tired etc today meaning he will appreciate hearing from you much more once rested.

Basically it is a time thing, not a who thing. You want to stay close to the plans you two made to show interest. If he doesn't then you do it. Since he asked for the reschedule it would normally be up to him to make the new plans which is why you're giving him a day or two.

What Guys Said 2

• Wait for him to text.

• goats should initiate. i'm s sheperd and talk from experience... .

What Girls Said 3

• Message him. Dating is a two-way street. You can't expect him to always make the arrangements and keep track of you. You have to show interest and make yourself available. So, now it's your turn to suggest a new date.

• Agreed. If he wants to see you again he won't think you sound desperate or anything like that. He'll just be happy to find out you've been thinking about him.

• I would wait for him to.

• You definitely do not engage. You wait till he contacts you absolutely.

• This type of passive behavior is the exact reason why so many guys ghost on women. They take it as a sign of disinterest.

• What you're saying is hypocritical. You're essentially saying that a man who doesn't pick up the phone and contact you is not worth your time. What does that make you when you're the one who refuses to pick up the phone and contact him? You can't hold others to a different standard. If you don't show interest, you can't expect the guy to keep chasing you forever. Just like you wouldn't chase a guy who didn't show any interest in you either.

• @lumos Wonderful, you figured me out. I'm hypocritical, I'm a jerk, I'm a fool. But I stand on what I say. Sorry I love being a jerk and a fool and a hypocrite. If you want to go out with me you give me a call. And that's my advice to any female. I don't play by the rules of today's society where everybody is equal and the guys are allowed to be wimps. I don't date wimps. Y'all want to be so macho and pick up the phone macho man. It is amazing today that guys rant and rave about women being too aggressive and that they are macho and women should be submissive but God forbid they should pick up the phone.