Do you think a high school/college student relationship could work?

I am 16 and in 11th grade and the guy I'm talking to is, 19 and a freshman in college. He just got out of a relationship and he wants to date me. But I don't know

I AM A GIRL! by the way LMAOO

• Yes.
  • Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny thing: I'm 19 and my girlfriend is 16. I'm in college and she is in high school. We also live 5 hours from each other. Your question? Yes, it definitely can work. Even so, I consider our relationship a very special case, since I don't know any other that's even slightly similar to ours. The point is, it can work, but you have to be commited to each other. It's not easy. Unless you are willing to go through some difficulties, don't try it. If you really love him, i say go for it. Good luck! :)

What Guys Said 6

• No, it usually doesn't work and the reason is because of both distance + circumstance.

Most high school relationships are relatively tame. However, when you get to college, things can get tricky very quickly. College is about personal exploration away from the eyes of one's parents. High school is not, full stop.

• won't work i had a friend 19 dated a 17 year old high school girl it failed hard. Know why? becuase u both are in 2 diffemt world right now even more so you being 16. When he's done with college your be a freashman in college n more then likely he will find a new girlfriend

• Probably not in my opinion

• High school and college aren't actually that different compared to real life, but I dunno, it depends on you. At your ages it probably seems like you're a lot different.

• I'm partial to no.

• There's absolutely no reason why it couldn't work

What Girls Said 7

• In your position? No.

In some? Yes.

I was a senior in high school when my boyfriend, a sophomore, and I started dating. Then I went to college and we stayed together.

But we had a solid foundation of friendship before we started dating and we had a solid foundation of dating before we became long distance. And it's still not easy.

Hard to have a successful relationship with someone you've not been friends with first. Especially if you're starting right off the bat being long distance.

• In the short run it might be fun, but I can all but guarantee you are an easy rebound for him and once he gets his head on straight again, he'll be more focused on college and all it has to offer, including the social life. And you'll be heart broken.

• I'd hesitate in your personal situation, for legal reasons as well as the fact that if the guy you're interested in is in college, he'll most likely want to experiment in ways that wouldn't allow a serious relationship to work out. I'd suggest you stay friends until you're in more similar life stages.

• NAH! Everyone still trying to figure themself out! Maybe when I am 40 hahah!

• I'm 16 and my SO is 21, and we're just about to have our 1 year anniversary after my 17th birthday :) it works depending on how mature both individuals are. If one is too childish then it will not work out.

• I think it could work but distance is probably pretty important. Are your high school and his college close together?

• If he just got out of a relationship you might wanna make sure your not just a rebound. There's nothing wrong with casual dating with this guy if that's the case I would just be cautious of feelings. Anyway it doesn't always work but then again even when two people are in the same school it doesn't always work out.