Why would a guy think he has no chance with a girl if he doesn't even know her?

What Guys Said 1

• Because they think the girl is too good for them etc too attractive. I feel that way sometimes.

• I meant eg not etc haha

• No , it all happened too quickly. We only see each other sometimes in college and he only tried to talk to me once but it was weird. He came up to me and said that his friend wants to talk to me... but his friend had no clue who I am, he just made him talk to me. And then I heard him say that he has no chance behind my back but he didn't even try to talk to me himself. I know he likes me a lot though, so wtf?

• by the way he doesn't act like this with other people at all

What Girls Said 2

• Lol, I feel the same way with guys I don't even know. It's just an insecurity thing.

• Right. So sick of guys jumping to conclusions on whether or not I'd be into them. My guess is that they find you out of their league or something. Or that they just don't think they're good enough.