High school guys vs. College guys? Will the dating scene be any different?

I'm a senior in high school and I'm so done with high school guys. The guys in my high school are so immature and rude. Does it get any better in college? Are the college guys more mature, sophisticated, intelligent and kind, or are they the same as high school guys? I heard the hookup culture is thriving on college campuses because women are outnumbering men by a lot. Should I be worried?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some are, some aren't. Some middle aged men are not that different from those HS guys you are talking about. Chances are you'll just be introduced to a larger pool of men, and will, therefore, be able to find a larger pool of mature men. Maturity and age do not equate in either gender. There are mature HS men, although maybe not at your school...

What Guys Said 9

• They are a little more mature, the responsibilities of living on their own settle them a bit. Just stay away from frat boys.

• Most college guys are scrawny. I go to ubc campus and I'm more built than the typical student there. But I was a labour worker for quite some time and most people don't know how to build muscle as I learned weight training at an early age.

• I'm not talking about their physique and I can't care less

• Worried about the hookup culture? I don't think so. Why would you? You're not obligated to follow it if you don't want. At the end, each person will decide what's good for it, right?

• worried about finding a man not about people hooking up lol

• It's not that hard, trust me. Besides, you have a lot of time. As for college boys, from High School thigs can only improve. Seriously, High School is like an aquarium. You don't know exactly what life is until you go out and reach the ocean.

• Guys dont change, no matter how hard women try to change them.

• totally.. they totally are.

• Yes.

• Nah not really

• Some are , but mostly college guys brains are still half-baked potato as high school guys.

• It's the same lol try an older guy lol

What Girls Said 3

• I was at a huge college last semester before I transferred, so there was a big population of Frats and sororities (which creates a superiority complex/immaturity, not all Frats do, but most) and I would say 60-70 % of the guys are the same as guys in high school. On big college campuses there is most likely always going to be a big hookup scene, but the college I transferred to (which is private and very small) literally doesn't have one.
    If you're really wanting to meet someone, you should just talk to people in your courses that way you can kind of see how serious they are taking their education.

• If you want to avoid the douchebags: avoid the parties, avoid the people who skip (skipping one day isn't so bad, but just showing up for exams screams: I don't care), and avoid guys in frats. My roommate's boyfriend's roommate was in a frat and had a legit trophy for wildest sex that week.

• It depends. Some frats are for specific career interests, like engineering, others could join because their parents were in the same frat and it's a type of lineage, others could join for the social status or for a more elaborate job resume. It could really be an reason. I think it's way too expensive, in my opinion.

• *any reason

• Well, I'm about to go off to college. I'm also a senior. My boyfriend is a junior. I'm sure things will be different in the dating world in college. I'm not a fan of all high school guys, but my boyfriends not so bad, lol.

• Neither