Is it bad or weird?

Is it considerd weird or really bad if a 17 year old dates a person who is 3 or 4 years older than you?
Please i really need to know...

Most Helpful Guy

• My girlfriend is about to turn 18 and I'm about to turn 21 and we have no issue with it.

Something I can tell you with absolute certainty though is that age does make a big difference the younger you are - and when I say that, I particularly refer to mental and emotional differences that stem from that difference in age.

However, take the time to listen to yourself - how do you feel as you're dating this person a few years older than you? Does it bother you, or can you overlook that because you care about them?

It all really comes down to how YOU and what that person feel.

Most Helpful Girl

• Normal if you ask me but a lot of people will probably give you the "you're not 18 yet" crap but 18 and 17 are right next to each other so I see no problem. Besides if y'all are just dating and not having sex it's not illegal.

What Guys Said 3

• No.
    You're a girl and you can date 20yrs older if you like. No one would bat an eye at 4.

• normal

• So it wouldn't be bad if I was dating a 20 year old?

• no not at all. that's like asking if it's bad for an 18 year old to date 21 year old. people get hung up cuz of the age of consent. just ignore it. you're fine

• There is nothing wrong with that

What Girls Said 2

• No my neighbor age- 21 dated my 16 year old friend kendra back in highschool.

• no as long as you like him its not weird or bad