Why do most girls call guys who are under 6'0 short?

Why do girls call guys who are under 6'0 short. Personally, I hear of so many people being called short by girls because they are, 5'8-5'11 which is actually average height , humorously , many of these girls are only 5'2-5'6 , themselves. This is extremely weird in my opinion. Please shed some light on why this humorous and despicable behavior exists.

Most Helpful Guy

• They're idiots raised by the tv that's all. Over 5'8 is tall. 5'10 5'11 is a big guy. Over 6'0 is getting onto to being a giant. The media is fucking everybody's perception of reality up. It's more dangerous than a hundred nukes. People should turn their backs on it

• "Over 6'0 is getting onto to being a giant"
      It's not though really, is it? :/

• @Doffydood if you want to be pedantic about it no

• There's being pedantic and there's being realistic, but I see your point :)

What Girls Said 14

• I don't call guys under 6' short. I think somewhere around 5'9" is average right? So I'd say 5'8" or so to 5'11" is average height and lower than that is short. Although I'm only 5'2" so I would date a guy who is shorter than that. But I also have no problem with taller.

• UM EXCUSE ME? we do not -.-

• I wouldn't say most women think that. Some weird women have this idiotic idea that 6' is "ideal" height. Ideal for what? I don't know. Maybe they're on a mission to breed a taller race of humans.

• Actually, I think that is their mission, even if it is subconsious. stronger offspring.

• I don't think 5'10 is short. I tend to date guys 5'11" and up. I'm 5'2" and my boyfriend is 6', but just because of that I don't look down (no pun intended) on guys who are shorter than he is. My best friend is 5'8" and he's still taller than me. He may be on the shorter end of the spectrum, but he's by no means a short person.

I don't only date guys that are 6' just because they are tall. It is purely by coincidence that they are that tall. I've liked guys shorter than that and was even interested in a couple of guys shorter than me. The only reason we didn't date was simply because they weren't interested in me. A lot of guys have it in their heads that all girls need a tall guy, but most of us are looking at their personality, not their height. Not everything is about looks.

• I don't. Anyone taller than me is tall to me lol
    But when I was younger, I considered any guy below 5'10" to be short. Until I found several guys I liked who were shorter than 5'10". Then I realized being tall or short is very much a subjective thing.

• I don't think they're short, I think they're average height. And considering I'm pretty short myself I don't feel tiny compared to someone closer to my height which is nice.

• Where did you come up with this. in my opinion any one taller then myself is tall. Over 6' is very tall.

• Sorry to paint you with the same brush, but I am under the opinion that it is the opinion of most girls. Thankfully not you😊.

• I know I don't.
    For me guys 5'7" and below are short.

• 5'7" is average in Romania :P

• Belgium 178.65 cm (21-34)
      German 178.9 cm (19-35)
      France 177 cm (20-29)
      Portugal 173.7
      Europe 177.6 (17-29)

We have 46% immigrants. 16.36% are Portuguese, 6.99% French. We are very close to the Germans and Belgian people, so the Luxembourgish people are about ~178.5cm. The other 23.65% are a wild mix from all over Europe.

So we have ((0,54 * 178,5) + (0,1636 * 173,7) + (0,0699 * 177) + (0,236 * 177,6))/(0,54+0,1636+0,0699+0,236) = ~177,40 cm for guys

• @Yumix
      Not bad. 😛
      But the maths is real here. 😂

• If you're shorter than me (aka < 5'9"), then I consider you short. If you are over 6'1, I would consider you tall.

• I don't date people under 5'11. I don't know why lol

• I consider 5'10-5'11 average, anything below that on the short side & above it tall.

• In Sweden, guys say girls below 5'6 is short. so yeah, i understand you bro. Guys in Sweden is like girls in America.

• I call "tall" people who are above 5'5.
    But then again I am only 5'2 so...

• because they are short. Well at least to me they are. A guy has to be super tall for me to even consider him. Tall guys are bomb ❤️

What Guys Said 9

• Calling average guys "short" provides them some false sense of justification for ignoring a large part of the available population of guys.

• the average height for guys in the US is 5'9", so if you are clearly shorter than that, then I'd consider your short

• I'm just 5'7", and although I consider myself short, I have never been told that I'm short (by girls or anyone else).

• Media!

• Short guys get pussy too... They just have to try a little harder.

• Average doesn't mean attractive.
    I wouldn't say an average weight girl is attractive either, would you?

I'm 5'9" and I certainly do feel short, and run into much bigger people than myself more often than not.

• Because they are girls.
    They probably also think that shoe size equal penis size and fast cars = good man. LOL.
    Women don't have this problem.

• Because girls prefer guys to be 6 foot or over.

• If 5'9"-5'11" is short... then 5'6" is nearly midget height?