How to tell him I'm not interested?

Ok so this guy at work who was here for a week covering someone liked me but didn't speak to me once but the day I wasn't in he left a note on my desk saying he was gonna speak to me on that day but i wasn't in he left me his number etc. I thought he was a decent looking guy so i messaged him spoken to him for a day, and he is not my type whatsoever I wish when I texted him i told him I was taken but now I can't cos it looks bad on me lol for speaking to him. How do I tell him I'm not interested but don't mind being friends cos he is funny but just seems so egotisical not my type at all. Just don't want it to be awkward if I run into him again...

What Guys Said 1

• Say this plainly: "I am not interested in a relationship with you beyond friendship."

If that doesn't get the point across, invoke your inner bitch if he doesn't let up.

What Girls Said 1

• You can talk to him about someone you like. Or you can mention that you're tired of relationships and men in general. He will get the hint.