Going on a date with a guy I don't really like?

Okay, so last week my friend texted this guy I thought seemed kind of cool, and told him I like him, but one big problem... I don't like him, I've barley talked to him but last year we went on one date and it was really awkward. We started talking this past week and he's a cool guy but he isn't at all my type. We have a date tonight and I'm gonna go because I don't want to cancel last minute but if it doesn't go well what can I do to end this. I know he likes me so I will feel like such a huge jerk telling him how I feel so what can I say to end it? I want to do it as soon as possible after the date so he isn't lead on

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to tell him how you feel so he can move on. He probably won't want to be around you after but that's just how it is. Don't be selfish.

Most Helpful Girl

• The guys may be able to give a better answer but as you don't want to be direct this is all I can think of.
    It seems your a little open to seeing how the date goes before your final decision. A lot of how we communicate is through body language so if you decide he is just going to be a friend then minimise any touches.

It depend also on what you've been saying to each other as too how much of a chance he thinks he has. You will have to say something so probably at the end Thank him and say something like 'I've had a great time. I'm glad we've become friends again.'

What Guys Said 1

• Why would you give him false hopes! M

What Girls Said 3

• Well, I would personally suggest being honest. Tell him you think he is a cool guy but you have doubts because of xyz. Let him decide if he wants to pursue you knowing what your doubts are.

• I would go and try to have a good time, but if you already know that you cannot see a future with this guy, be sure to go dutch on the bill (if you end up going somewhere that will require a transaction). Afterwards, say that you had a nice time, but that you just don't think that the connection between you two is there. Wish him the best of luck in finding someone who is better suited for him.

• You should've been honest with him from the start but hey, just don't lead him on any further.