I met this girl only for 1 day and I'm already jealous, is this normal?

I'm 24 and in my college I was part of a charity event and I was paired up with this girl to plan out details and stuff for the event. Since we were charity partners on a Saturday I invited her to my apartment and we ended up spending the whole day together and we did charity stuff and just hung and shared eachother interest like talking, movies, youtube videos etc. We had a lot in common and we talked a lot and I even ended up telling her I thought she was really cool and nice and I can see myself dating her, and she said that she can see herself dating me also and is open to it. Were not dating because I had to go back home to my state. She lives in Washington and I live in Florida but if I ever do go back to Washington she would want to. So for now we just stayed in touch as friends. We only hung out that one time at my apartment.

The next day when I was looking on her instagram she had pictures of herself with this guy and they were really close and in the comments they were really friendly and other guys like her and are chasing her and I already started to feel jealous/threatened. Its not like she's my girlfriend or anything and we haven't even dated, all we have done was express a common attraction, Were just friends and thats it.

Then why do I feel jealous, especially when I only hung with her for 1 day, I feel I shoudnt feel this feeling of jealousy especially when I only know her for 1 day and we aren't even dating and she's not my girlfriend. I feel guilty for feeling jealous like I'm some kind of entitled little shit head.

Is something wrong with me, why am I having a hard time with this and why do I feel like this has a bigger impact on me then it should. Why does it take only 1 day with her to affect me this much. I mean I'm not like this with other girls I have hung with or went on casual dates or anyhting, why does this one person have this weird affect on me.

I want it to stop because its so confusing and its frusturating me and I dont know what to do.

Also why haven't i struggled with these feelings with other girls this quickly, typically these feelings take time to developed over time, with this girl it developed on only 1 freaking day and I think about her quite a bit. I almost feel like I got obsessed with her but like why, the fuck

Most Helpful Girl

• It happens, no matter what you tell yourself.
    I can relate though. I am the same way. There is absolutely no way to control feeling like that. It sucks.

What Girls Said 2

• No, it's not normal. You shouldn't be this possessive over a person who isn't with you and you've only met once. Sounds to me like you're insecure.

• Then why dont i feel this way about other girls i have dated or liked or known. I dont think its fair to assume im insecure just based on these weird feelings. And even if I was so what, most people are insecure to some extent. But whatever, I was just curious why do I feel this way about this one person, if you read my whole question I've also dated other people and dont struggle with feeligns of jealousy or confusing

• The fact that you define your confidence by stating how much other people (women) want you doesn't prove anything. Confidence isn't defined by how other people see you or how much they want to be with you, or how easily you can convince people to like you. Confidence is defined by how you feel about yourself. Neither do insecurities automatically mean you feel worthless or attached/clingy. Insecurities can be portrayed in many different ways. Possessiveness and jealousy are two ways that insecurities can take form.
      Being insecure doesn't automatically make you socially inept, unable to score with girls. Even the most confident looking people can be insecure as fuck.

• ok but the question is why does this one person have this affect on me, i should also mention that she's not my type, im more or a monogamous types, she's more of a open relationship permiscious type and i never go after girls like that but for some reason she has an effect on me that i haven't felt with other girls, even the girls that are my type on paper and i have knows longer. Why does this girl have such an impact on me so fast. We have a lot in common as like friendship and hanging out but we are different relationship wise. Im a one women man and she's more of a casual hookup permiscious. I wonder if its because she's something I've never explored before and thats whats getting to me, like something new or exciting or maybe its because i like her personality so much that im willing to overlook the romantic parts that aren't compatible. Sorry its complicated for me and i hate feeling this way

• Maybe it's true love 😍

What Guys Said 2

• You have feelings for her and feel threatened by the competition. I dont think its bad to feel jealous, its about how you react to that feeling that matters.

• Lmao ok Elliot rodgers