Girls, Asked a girl out via message, (to meet for lunch), she replied "I don't see why not" I assume such a reply = not interested?

16

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't say not interested, more like indifferent. You could take her out once and see if she'll be positively surprised by you, which will get her more interested. She might be trying to play it cool. Or who knows, maybe she'll gain interest. At least she didn't blatantly say no so there's always room for improvement. But if you somehow feel like she isn't worth it, then don't bother.

What Girls Said 15

• I agree, it does sound indifferent. As if she wouldn't care whether you guys meet up or not.

But then again, maybe she's just horrible at wording messages and is interested. Just meet up and see if she's acting like she's interested.

• She said yes. She's just being nonchalant. Follow through and see where it goes.

• Imagine this being said with a flirtatious laugh and you have your answer. She's interested

• She might just not want to sound too eager. She probably would have said that she's busy if she didn't want to go.

• no i dont think its that, she just doesn't know you too well yet. its more like "why not, lets see where it leads"

• Maybe she's shy and she didn't say no

• She said yes.

• She said yes. Maybe she's playing hard to get or she didn't want you to think she's very excited.
    If she wasn't interested, she would have said no.
    Why not =there are no reasons for me to not go. So I'll go.

• What? No. That means yes. I say that all the time. It's just a phrase.

• No she is interested but she isn't falling for you yet she is willing to test the waters so this is a good thing don't panic

• i would totally type that but irl be squealing like a little girl

• Does not = not interested. I say that to be friendly but not too eager. Even if I like you, same story.

I guess is however, uninterested

• No. assuming isn't the way to get at things, because were often wrong. If you really wanna know you'll have to ask. Otherwise just taker out to lunch and see where it goes, BUT you gotta assume she's interested because if you assume she's not, it will show on your face and she might perceive you as a boring guy.

• "I don't see why not."
    'Don't' and 'not' imply two negatives, thus can be labelled as double negatives. Double negatives alter meanings to a positive one.
    Without the negatives= "I see why." This implies a positive message.
    In other words, she agreed to see you and may still be feeling indifferent about it.

• she said yes but don't want you to think she was waiting for you to ask her out