He acts like a boyfriend but is too afraid to commit. Advice please?

I've been seeing a super sweet guy for 2 months now. We spend maybe 3 evenings together every week, alone or out with other friends. We often sleep in each others bed. He acts just like a boyfriend and is a really good guy. We havnt had sex and he hasn't even tried to feel me up because he has sisters and has respect for women.
I tried to ask when he was drunk what we were doing and he said he was happy and that were hanging out. (i think we are very much dating). He hasn't had a girlfriend in 4 years (hes 26) and he said he's scared of relationships and being rejected etc. He is a perfectionist. Im sure he's not seeing anyone else and he is really into me. He knows i really like him and im not seeing anyone else.
Im asking what would be the reasoning behind all of this? I need some sort of advice.

Most Helpful Guy

• You technically answered your own question: he's afraid of commitment. More importantly, he's afraid that you will change once he commits to you. The question you have to ask yourself is are you satisfied with the relationship as of now? Do you need to put a label on the relationship for it to mean something? Is it possible to focus on the time spent with him vice why he doesn't want to commit?

What Guys Said 1

• Your guy sounds exactly like me. Let him do he's thing if he's loyal and you guys like each other then great. He's probably just not to sure yet. I once had a thing with a girl for a year. An never made it official

• What was holding you back?

• Im not sure. I was afraid of the commitment I guess. thought that if it was real it would all get to complicated.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm in a very similar situation, honest opinion is just to tell him, no matter how hard it may seem. You might second guess it now but you need to be open with him because you can't assume anything!!! And good luck :)