What is your take on long distance relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Well me and @APRU5 are dating so and we live in different states

What Guys Said 19

• I've been in two of them and they are doable and not quite as hard as everyone makes them out to be. But their success depends entirely upon the people in them and a few other factors.

• They are relationships that take place over a long distance 🤓👍

• It's always hard. I've had friends who kept it going for eight years and more with someone they truly loved. In the end it worked out for them but it hurt like hell every day and my god did that kid ache.
    If you're asking for yourself then you should understand the reality. Touch isn't an option, communication may never happen organically, there will be a loomig stretch of distance between you at all times and all that will likely cause the relationship to fail. It might not though.

• More trust is needed and also more willpower to continue the relationship. I don't think it would work for me.

• Keep the time away as short as possible, Skype and text often. Phone calls are a must and talking to them as if they are right next to you will do wonders. Have a scheduled end date for the distance. Long distance is not a long term thing.

• Mad respect but, so not for me. Wayy too physical & intimate for that.

• NO WAY!!!
    It doesn't exist... If you can't see a person at least at a decency of regularity... I'm sorry there's no relationship there... I'm bad... But that's how I feel it.. Plain and simple... Dosen't mean you can't wait for a person for a certain time thought...

• It's though... people suffer with that. If you can, avoid them... if the love happens... try to quickly be with her/he personally...

• They rarely work. Being in the military I've seen countless examples of failed LDR. Everyone I deployed to Iraq with that was in a relationship, either got cheated on, cheated, or got divorced soon after coming home. I'm not a fan of long distance relationships.

• Not ideal but if you think the right person for you lives far from you then I think you should try for it

• It's entirely possible. Lots of patience, willpower, and open-mindedness required of course!

We started as a long distance relationship from California to Michigan, a year later she moved in with me in California. Still going strong three years later. I've been in in this relationship for four years this August, and I could not be happier.

• It can work, it just takes a lot of willpower and patience.
    I would only get involved in one if we are to meet.

• here's the thing you have to had already been close for a while for it too work at least 1 yr in my opinion

• My take? I don't do LDRs. 'nuff said

• worst idea of having a relationship ever.

• Great.

• that's so pointless

• Im in a few. One of my friends lives in Texas, and my Girlfriend lives somewhere in the mid-west

• They don't work.

What Girls Said 18

• I'm currently in one and while it's not ideal, I'm happy. I wish I could see him more often but with our current circumstances, it's not possible. Communication is important for any relationship but especially when you're long-distance. I think my boyfriend and I keep pretty good communication though. Things are obviously easier when we're together in person but for right now, it's working.

Long-distance relationships obviously can't stay long-distance forever though so there should at least be talks and plans of one person moving closer to the other at some point in the relationship if the couple wants to stay together.

• 1. You have to be extremely devoted
    2. You have to be positive the person is real
    3. For it to work you HAVE TO MEET

It can work but I would only do so for someone special.

• It is very difficult to date someone who is far away from you. My relationship turned 1 year a few days ago... we see each other once a month. We are, more or less, 400 kilometers away. He always spends the summer holidays with me, so it's the only time of year that we spend a lot of time together, the rest is the year we fight and endure the distance. When you are away from him you need to have to be strong and know how to deal with the jealousy that is something that can generate some conflicts and disagreements. But it's all worth it! we love each other more and more, and When You really love someone is not going to be the distance that will destroy it. ;)

• They're not for everyone, but can be great if both people work at it and communicate well. Plans go meet are important, too.

• It takes a lot of communication, understanding, planning, and goal setting to make it work. For couples who can navigate all those things, I think they can make it work. Communication and understanding keeps you connected emotionally. Planning and goal setting allows you to keep some physical aspect when you're able to spend real time together and to look forward to when you'll be able to close the distance gap.

• Dont do it unless its your fiance and your gonna get married in a year or less, other than that, they never work. I've been in 4 LDR thinking they will work every time, but in the end the guy is most likely wanting physical touch. I could handle the lack of physical touch longer than him and he just ended up dating another girl or cheating. NEVER DO IT just leads to heart break. Tho there are many LDR success stories out there so you never know. But I dont suggest it.

• im not closed off to it but i am incredibly sceptical.

• Not against them, provided both are willing to put in the work and there's mutual agreeance to meet up in a near future.

• If two people genuinely want to be together there's nothing that can come between them... neither time nor space... and long distance shouldn't be an issue... however if you want to be in a relationship for the wrong reasons maybe... then ya... sure... its not gonna workout for you

• they don't work!! take it from someone who has been in one for 5 years, it's not worth the hassle, not worth the feelings and just not worth it. it's better if you find someone local rather than far away...

• I think that they can work but both parties have to be invested in making them work.

• It's doable but hard at times.

• If u truly love the person and u have the chance to see each other from time to time, I think it can work

• unnecessary unless it won't always be long distance, i just don't get it ! why? i need affection

• They may or may not work out it all depends

• It can be done if you love eachother truly and if you're both willing to work hard on it

• If you can meet time to time, why not. But difficult very difficult.

• I feel like some just dont last.