Why would anyone get back with their ex?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are desperate or just stupid. I once dumped a partner because she didn't want to get over her ex. Eventually she got back with him, or at least she thought that and later she got dumped by her ex as well since the guy was twice her age and found someone his age to get married. Bitch got what she deserved.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes people break up because they are too young, or don't think they have a future together (not all break ups can be bad). And after some time apart, they work on themselves and fall back in love. I personally, would never get back with any of my ex boyfriends. I am in a happy relationship with a wonderful man who I want a future with. Those past dirtbags don't stand a chance. But, I know of some people who get back together and swear it's working out great. People/relationships are complicated.

What Guys Said 14

• Because they don't find someone else in their stead, so they figure maybe THIS time it will work out.

• Nope. There was a reason why we split and generally speaking, we're not likely to change our opinions on one another regardless of how much time has passed. You still remember the old arguments.

• It depends, sometimes it can be because people realize what they had, sometimes we don't know what we have until we loose it.
    In the majority of cases people get back together because they have low self-esteem, they believe they won't be able to find anyone better than what they had.

• because they're deluded. or they left and came back years later a different person... only to meet a different person in their ex. possibly click again.

• Absents make the heart grow fonder.

• No I wouldn't

• Usually because they want to have sex with someone they know, and aren't really trying for something long term... They already know it's not going to work, so there is no pressure to progress in the relationship. They get laid until the other person gets too annoying and then they cut them loose again.

• Desperation? Maybe they still loved each other?
    Maybe they realized they made a mistake...

• how long would you take you made a mistake? a few weeks? 2 or 3 months? or almost a year later? jw.

this guy im trying to move on from dated his best female friend over the summer and they broke up before school started in the fall. he's now trying to get back with her. it's almost gonna be a year since they dated.

• First off, don't let this bum you out. I know this sound cheesy, trust me, but you will get over it. I have cried way too much over boyfriends and guys I like... its not worth the ugly puffy eyes and headache in the morning. I have no details about this girl, but she is 16. Most likely she will change her mind about this guy soon. I thought I was going to marry my high school sweetheart when I was 16, and we were going to move to Alaska and be doctors together. Didn't happen, and Im so happy for that! 16 is a young age, and when you think you are in love, you think nothing can change your mind... until someone better comes along. Honestly.. you SHOULD move on! If he wants to be with her, then just let it go. Like I said, I don't think it will last. Stop looking at her snapchat, go out with friends, buy some cute boots and enjoy freedom! Message me if you have any more questions :)

• @Justwanttohelp23 thanks. i'll keep the messaging you if i have anymore questions in mind. :)

• I don't know.

• To bang em again? Duhh

• There pathetic

• I dated my ex-wife for two years. I'm not single again. And its for the best.

• no never.. we break up for a reason

• I don't know, the whole J. D. and Elliot thing or maybe Rachel and Ross or whatever. Relationships are complicated.

What Girls Said 2

• lawd only knows baby girl.-.-

• Hopeless love. Its also easier to be with someone who knows you rather than opening up to someone new entirely