Girls, How do you see it if u pay or have to pay for a guy?

I saw a question on GAG about payments on Dating, in which not even a single girl replied that a girl should/can pay, however many of them said 50/50 but interestingly 10 girls said guy should pay which infers a likelihood that society tends to expect that a guy should pay while thinking of gender equality at the same time. i was just getitng curious how it looks form girl's point of view if she had to pay for a guy.
So girls! how would u feel in such situation where u are paying for a guy?
will u keep doing it on regular basis? or once in a blue moon?
what do u think of such guy? a less man?
(Please ignore grammatical mistakes if there are any, as English is not my native language)

• Nah, Why should i pay for a GUY? is he not a Man enough to pay his own bills?
  • Sometimes its ok, but not everytime
  • I don't mind if i have to do it everytime

Most Helpful Girl

• In my relationship I usually pay when we go out because my boyfriend doesn't have time for a job on top of all his college classes. I don't mind because I would rather him save what money he has for school or food related things, but he still treats me every now and again when he can even if I tell him he doesn't have to.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a good point. I never understood why women fight to have equal income, but at the same time women almost always expect the guy to pay. Me personally, I'm financially off... so I always pay. I do like to pick apart certain norms though, and this is a good one. How would women feel if they were the ones expected to pay a mass majority of the time, as guys are expected to do.

• true bro

• Or they say, "if I ask him", that's why they always want the guy to ask right? lol And same with making the first move. A lot of women still have the mentality guys should always first, but they want equality. I guess only with certain things.

What Girls Said 18

• It's been four years of a relationship, we've gotten to the point where sometimes I'll pay for him when we go out :P Usually we split it 50/50, but if he pays for me, then the next time I'll pay for him to even us out. It doesn't make him any less of a man to me.

• I think it's only fair to take turns paying, but if a guy asked ME out and then expected me to pay I'd be pissed. You don't invite someone to dinner and then tell them to pay for your meal. If I asked HIM out I would offer to pay because I make the invitation.

• Lol, i enjoyed imagining the situation "invite someone to dinner and then tell them to pay for your meal" :D :D :D

• I've always been more comfortable paying than being paid for. More often than my not my ex and I used to split the bill, although sometimes I'd really want to pay, and sometimes he would. so we'd often end up taking it in turns.

• It is situational. I have traditional values in general though. I take no offense at someone saying a woman's place is in the kitchen, for example, because honestly I feel most full filled in those supporting roles. But times have changed and I also work full time and I accept I probably always will.

I paid for a few dates upfront with my current boyfriend and I didn't mind because he was honest about some stuff--like why he couldn't pay. Above traditional values, I think in a relationship the couple is a team and should have each other's back. (But in spite of all the gender equality stuff, I think most people deep down get a sense of fulfillment from traditional roles where possible)

• Like with paying for anyone - its not okay if I'm the one doing it everytime.
    When I go out with a friend we switch. If I paid last time then he pays this time and vice versa.

• I think if the guy takes the girl out then he should pay but if the girl treats her man then she should pay plus I believe that it's not entirely fair for the guy to pay every time

• When we go out or go on vacation, I almost always pay. It makes sense because I make quite a lot more money than he does and it doesn't bother me in the slightest

• Look here is how I see it: if a guy asks me out to dinner I'm expecting he will pay for it, but if I ask him then I'm going to pay for it. I also don't mind doing the 50/50 thing either I think that's ok. After you've been dating for a while it tends to be one person will pay for this night the other will pay for the next. Or you split it. For example if you were dating someone and went to the movies; one would get the tickets the other would get the snacks. Something like that.

• means u r happy with 50/50 thing.. good
      but what if u have to pay every time, how would u feel about that?

• I guess it depends on the situation. But I don't think anyone should have to pay all the time. If however, one is the "financial" supplier of the family, like when married, then they should pay. It could be the male or female

• I think sometimes it's ok to pay for your man and even if you go back and forth with paying for one another that is cool

• Sometimes its okay! Well If I can afford it!

• I would do it sometimes but not everytime. Birthdays, Anniversaries, Promotions.. I will be willing to do stuff him for him.

• Personally i rather we each pay for our own stuff, or if it was a reoccuring thing, then i pay, then he pay, then i pay and so on. Just because i don't like oweing people, and i feel like i do if they pay, i actually rather pay for the both of us, than for the guy to pay ha.

• The person who asks the other out pays

• Split the pay if you are stingy.

• if its stingy then why dont u pay every time?

• For fuck's sake. I'm not dating you. This is an internet forum.

Don't go on a fucking date if money concerns you.

• I'd be okay with it, like among friends i sometimes pay when we're out eating or something, and other times they do it. So i wouldn't mind paying for my partner

• If I'm going out with a guy I don't mind buying occasionally, but I'm not gonna spend my money everytime unless I'm in a financial situation where I can

• would u like that ur guy do everything for u? financially i mean

• Honestly no, I need to be independent. Occasional is fine but never all the time- That also isn't fair to him

• thumbs up!

• I would sometimes but not all the time

• I would never pay for a man (I never bring my money when I go out).
    It's the man who should pay

• no i dont think so :P
      but i was looking for someone who is honest to admit that she thinks so, and u r that honest person!

• Ok, that's good :)

What Guys Said 1

• Its crazy. I've never ever met, heard or seen a woman in real life be totally ok with paying 50/50 or even the entire bill on a date.