No sex=no relationships?

I'm 18 and want to get back into the dating world again since my breakup a year ago. However, I'm not ready to have sex. Yeah, im a virgin lol. I'm really comfortable doing other sexual activities with a partner when the time come, but not having sex. I feel like I'll be heartbroken or remain single once the truth unfolds to a guy that I'm not willing to have sex right now. So will I just be single until I'm ready? It seems like my generation only cares about sex and not commitment nowadays.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 17

• Make sure to tell the guys that you don't wanna have sex. Then it will work like a filter. The ones who are okay with it may give you a change, the ones who are not okay with it will say goodbye. Just make it clear from the beginning.

• If you find the right guy, you will find the right guy! Easier said than done, I know. Like you said, intercourse is only one thing. Lots of other ways to enjoy each other "sexually" with out having vaginal intercourse. My wife and I did not have intercourse for 2 years when we started dating. But we did do everything else. It was wonderful! We never had any pregnancy worries and didn't have to worry about birth control either. It was actually really nice. I think some guys just have to have vaginal sex because they are too immature or inexperienced to know how to please a woman orally or to enjoy it themselves. It may limit your dating chances, but not eliminate them. To be honest, you are pre-screening out the meatheads, so you're better off anyway. Good luck!

• if your not ready for sex then dont, if he doesn't respect you for that then he is the wrong guy for you

• You know what's funny I am in the same boat so I can relate. The problem with me is like you said I I think today's generation are in a rush to lose there's. Don't be in a rush i'm 28, and still trying to find a nice woman.

• There are men out there are compatible with your desires. However, those men are a fraction of the men that would, otherwise, be available to you. Therefore, you can get a relationship on your terms, but your dating pool will be much smaller

• If you're not ready, that's fine. Find a guy who respects that, they do exist and you'll be just fine. It is true they might be a little tough to find but they're out there. My first 2 gfs and I never had sex. The first one I could have had sex but I wanted to wait, the second we both wanted to wait. Both were great relationships. A couple of my favorite. I really miss them both.

• You'll eventually find a guy that'll care enough to wait out of his consideration for you. Not all people want just that in a relationship, even if that seems to be the case sometimes.

• It's not a complete relationship without you know, relations.

• It's harder. Sometime you'll meet someone as a friend first or just run into someone right for you adn sex will matter a lot less. If you're lucky then it won't be a problem for them and you can love for different reasons.

• Honestly if he loves u he will wait...
    Id wait as long as it takes if i really love her

• Yeah, I don't see the point of a "relationship" without sex. Might as well be friends and I'll try dating others.

• From my point of view there is no point to date if you're not looking to have sex... If you don't want sex, make some friends, don't string people along...

• May I ask, if you are comfortable with other sex acts, why not sex?
    in my opinion, a relationship without sex is just a friendship. I can't take it seriously.
    If it was me, I'd stay single and make friends.

• Honestly I guess it's the way I was raised- treat my virginity to myself and not others and whenever I'm ready It's fine. I've had experiences with other sexual acts with my past ex (wish I didn't) so it's probably why I'm comfortable with just sexual acts. ;)

• You're going to be lonely with not having sex.

• If you're enthusiastic about being sexually active, just not intercourse, i'd guess a fair number of relationship oriented guys would be fine with that.

Enthusiasm and passion matter more than what hole a penis goes in, at least for a fairly long time.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 2

• No you can date and wait until ur ready to have sex.

• agree on this, my realization too. lol What makes platonic friendship different from romantic one is there is sexual attraction as more than friends.