Do looks matter to women? Lets just end this debate? Guys and girls please comment?

A very good looking girl... Rich, intelligent, cute, sexy who can pretty much have any guy she wants...
Do looks matter to such women?
Or is it all about confidence, sense of Humor etc?

• Yes, looks are most important.
  • Looks don't matter at all.
  • Good looks is icing on the cake, the real deal is confidence and sense of humor.
  • Real deal is looks, confidence and humor is just icing on cake.

Most Helpful Girl

• This really depends on the situation for me. Of course if I see a guy that is very attractive regularly, I will want to get to know him, in order to see what his personality is like. If he's got a decent/average personality than Im cool with that, if his personality isn't cutting it for me, it'll just be a friendly thing from there. Now on the other hand, i've also been attracted to guys that aren't as attractive, but they know how to dress, they're confident, and they're hilarious. They knew how to project themselves well essentially. Point is, attraction can start with looks, but we might overlook physical features entirely just because it feels good to be around that person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me, I've been good looking my whole life and the only thing it gets you is 1 night stands (which I'm not about). Other then that if you want a long term relationship it really isn't that helpful. It might get the girl to notice you, but most girls dont approach guys anyway so whats the benefit of her noticing you if she will never say anything to you? I've had probably half a dozen girls interested in me from a relationship standpoint who just never told me, or showed me. Then like 6 months later her friends would tell me "oh yeah so and so used to like you a lot, why didn't you ask her out?" and I'm just sitting there like..."Really... this girl expected me to ask her out without saying anything to me?". Other then that though I haven't had too much luck with women, I've gotten rejected plenty of times, a lot of girls will come up and talk to me, and then walk away because they dont like how I act. I used to get really self conscious about that, but at this point I just dont care. They can think what they want about me, I am who I am and that isn't going to change.

So in short looks are beneficial for the first 10 seconds of knowing most girls, when you approach her she will be like "wow this guy is good looking" but then the minute you open your mouth its easy to screw up her perception of you since women dont care about looks that much.

What Girls Said 27

• Looks are what get you in the door, personality is what keeps you there.

• Of course looks matter.

I will say, though, that love really does make you blind. I find my SO a LOT more attractive now that I have strong feelings for him. I don't know if guys are that way, too, but I know a lot of my girl friends feel the same.

• Some guys definitely DO feel like that too! I'm an example. When I first came across my girl I used to think, "Wow, look at her, she's cute," and that's what initially drew me to her.

Then I started to get to know her and now that we've been together for a little while, I tell her she's my goddess, because her personality complements her looks.

• Looks matter to everyone. If you have literally no attraction to someone, then you're not going to date them. The extent to which it matters is the important part.

• Looks are an important part of attraction but they're not everything.

I'm not gonna be attracted to a guy who I don't think is physically good looking regardless of how great he is on paper. But I'm not gonna be attracted to a guy who's an asshole or who in have nothing in common with just because he's good looking.

• the thing is that confidence and a sense of humor MAKE you look good. i picked looks because a man's confidence level is obvious in the way he looks, not confident guys don't take care of their looks, they don't have the carefree light in their faces, they don't have smiles on if they don't have a good humor. all of it is a package together.

• Looks are equally important as a good personality. I'm not going to date someone that I'm not attracted to because it's a waste of everyone's time. If I'm not attracted to you, I'm sure we'll be great friends.

• Looks matter to everyone, to some extent. If it's just the icing on the cake, or the most important aspect, depends on the person.

• We are all biologically programmed to be attracted to certain features... It's the Darwin theory of evolution and we want our offsprings to be the better version of ourselves so it's not just about looks but intelligence as well looks is a big plus though

• Looks matter a lot. If I'm not physically attracted to you, it won't happen.
    But it's not the only important thing. If he's hot and an asshole, it won't happen neither.

• Yeah, I can't date someone I'm not physically attracted to. That doesn't mean personality isn't important either though. They're both important. If I'm going to spend the rest of my life with someone I'm going to have to find him attractive and be able to get along with his personality.

• To a girl like that, looks are definitely important.

To everyone, looks aren't the most important, but it's hard to be attracted to someone that you're not physically attracted to.

• I think looks and personality are kinda equal. I wouldn't just date some that looks above average. If the person has an amazing personality and the looks are average, then I'll still date them. I honestly wouldn't date them if they were below average in my book.

• Option 3 is the closest fir me personally, but I don't fully agree with any of them

• Yes, looks do matter. Attraction needs to be there in order for me to date anyone. (and I assume its like that for guys as well).

• None of these. Looks are as important as personality to me. I won't date someone I'm not physically attracted to, nor will I date someone who doesn't have a great personality.

• You NEED TO have a connection with someone, feel comfortable, and happy with them. Looks are a bonus! And once you fall in love with someone their looks... even if they are not society standards of handsome or sexy... become very sexy to the woman.

• I have had sex with many guys but I have never had sex with a cake so I cannot answer this question

• Looks matter but they don't trump personality.

• A woman of that calibre could have any guy she wants so why would she fuck ugly. However most women will be with a less attractive guy if he has other good qualities.

• Looks do matter but what's hot to one person might not be hot to another. I should say attraction matters (and that may or may not pertain to looks) and chemistry (how both personalities interact) matters. For me, a sense of humor is so important.

• For me it's mostly a nice personality, confidence and chemistry

• Yes of course they do.

• I could care less about looks, personality and humor are a dealbreaker for me but there has to be room for sexual attraction as well

• ... and if a guy is SUPER hairy won't it reduce his sex appeal?

• @creatuserg Rest assured, people like you can

• ya... because... i have rug mat?

• Yes looks matter, to some extent.

• It's not like looks I would say I would lean towards self respect and good hygiene

• Attraction matters (also includes scent, how he moves, etc). It's neither the only thing that matters nor unimportant.

What Guys Said 15

• Looks matter to both sexes. Debate over.

• But people say women dig confidence... And humor too

• Yep, a good looking guy can get away with less other things, not completely, but less. The less good looking guy has to make up for it with confidence, intelligence, money etc. Even the girls that date rich ugly guys would prefer them to be a handsome rich guy.

I can't think of a single person on the planet who would prefer ugly over beautiful if 'everything' else was equal.

• vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

... Yes, it does.

vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

But maybe not in the way one may think... I think looks matter to, at least, extent of how you present yourselves to others. You don't have to have such a high-end, aesthetically pleasing face and such to attract people physically or sexually. Looks can make an impression of character which is what really matters.

• I don't understand when guys judge girls on how they are shallow for liking money.

The reason why women are attracted to rich men isn't simply just the money. It's because a rich man usually carries positive characteristics such as maturity, discipline, goal-orientedness, charm, etc.

• For casual sex women care about looks more than men do.
    For relationships women are more willing compromise and lower their standards on looks.

• Looks are most important. No point in dating anyone whom you don't find physically attractive. It is the first precondition. But everything else is important for dating to actually make sense.

• You can't definitively end a debate that has no answer. Looks matter to some people and to some people they don't.

• Real deal is being tall jacked and athletic and having humungous amazing cock OP. stay mirin glee nerds, smh

• Looks matter to everyone. Looks actually matter more to women since 80% of the women are attracted to only 20% of the men. It's just that looks happen to not matter if the not so attractive guys are rich.

• Either u have looks or money? Is this u wana say?

• here's the whole truth

1. women who dont have it will say they dont care so much

2. if she could have it she would

3. everything matters, everything. some just more than others by far

• Women just want somebody who is either good looking, or popular, or rich, so that they can feel good when they walk down the street with a guy like that. It makes all their friends jealous. Trith is women don't care about you or your personality, they don't give a fuck about emotions etc. They are more shallow than any man

• Wow this is very negative.

• Is that why Irina Shayk left Cristiano Ronaldo? Not good looking, or popular, or rich enough?

• @Ellaphoebe14 I didn't follow their lives to know why exactly she left him, and also I didn't say those relationshios last for life, but that is the most often reason girls choose guys

• Do looks matter?
    WELL NO FUCKING OBVIOUSLY DUH SIR ISAAC NEWTON!!

• No. .

• Looks has nothing to do with women or men.
    If look ever metered, I would be just forever alone guy.

• Depends on how you see it. Without decent looks she quite likely won't give you the time of day. We all know that's true. Same goes for guys towards girls.

However once you have the looks personality becomes more important. Mostly confidence and a go-getter attitude.

So, I guess it depends. It isn't the most important part to a relationship but in most cases you won't ever get to one if she doesn't like you visually.
    And people for crying out loud, that is OKAY.

• Simple. Just look at celebrities. Have money and a large penis, and women will be all over you. Example: Heidi Klum married Seal literally because she saw him in bike shorts and could see his large package. She admitted it on TV.