Do narcissists every realize or come back to what they had?

I dated a guy 3 years lived with him and put a lot of time money and effort into his house. Mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, paying for his cars to get fixed, spilting wood, carrying logs, laundry, grocery shopping, and cooking. He is an emotional abuser, manipulative, and narssitic. Is he going to come back to me for all I did and will he realize what he had?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. He is who he is. and it's unlikely that he'll ever change. In the rare event that he does, it will be because HE wants to change - he won't change for anyone else.

This is one of the biggest and hardest lessons to learn about relationships: you cannot change other people, and should not expect them to change. You either have to accept people exactly as they are (and assume they'll be that way forever), or you need to end your relationship with them and find someone who you CAN accept as they are. In other words, you can change YOU (including who you choose to associate with), but you cannot change other people.

• I know he won't change but I did a lot for him and I just don't know who he will get to cater to him. He always yelled and kicked me out of the house.. I gave him a ton of money and waited on him

• in my opinion, the fact that you even CARE "who he will get to cater to him" means that you have some serious self-esteem and co-dependency issues - which also explains why you stayed with him for so long and did so much for him. in my opinion, you should be focusing on you, and getting some help for those issues, and let HIM deal with HIM and his issues. You aren't emotionally healthy, and it would be in your best interest to GET emotionally healthy before you try to date again.

• its just me thinking he will be happier with someone else and would regret.. but now that i know this i know he will be alone

Most Helpful Girl

• He was with you cuz u made him feel good about him self " narssistic " the person he loved in your relationship was him.. he might come back to you but again for his own good not cuz he appreciated wut u hv done for him :)

So the question here should be " Will you accept to take him back?" :)

• That's what I'm trying to figure out.. I loved him but knowing all this makes me wonder if he will be alone all his life..

• Eventually he'll commit to a careless lady , men like him dont appretiate the kind type of women , they go for the conceited type thinking they are better than him ;)

I hope he got what he deserves , please pick a better one next time dnt fall into ur old mistakes.. wish you luck !

• So he texted me about sendin more money he owes me. But last week he emailed me and this week he texted me.. And I told him I wanted this to work and he goes me too kearbear.. Why use my nickname from him

What Guys Said 4

• >> He is an emotional abuser, manipulative, and narcissistic.

Why would you even WANT him to come back then?

• In a word? No.

• Nope.

• Oh girl so bad

What Girls Said 1