Girls, would you date a doctor?

A surgeon to be specific.

Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I can see some sense of humor in some of them that could make for fun dates BUT
    there's so many down sides to this sort.
    Prima donnas that can't even take the trash out
    Another child to care for
    Long hours that wipe them out or cancel date times
    Always on call, life or death = no option but to respond
    Money solves everything for them
    Their "fraternity" are know-it-alls (even when dead wrong) and can become life snobs... only the best/exclusive is good enough

I am aware that other types share some of these traits as well, from fire/police, professors, pilots, etc. but I think making a match THEN seeing how their whatever profession is affects life is the way to go.

WHY?
    Are going to be a doc or thinking of dating one?

Most Helpful Guy

• Long hours?
    On-call for weeks of the year?

LOTS OF MONEY?

Sign me up.

What Girls Said 18

• Yes, but I don't know about right now in my life, maybe when I get older as being a surgeon can be very time consuming and long hours.

• Perhaps. I would talk to him, get to know him, etc, but that schedule? I don't know if it would last for me.

• No! because they really old lol!

• lol

Uh I am a med student... Well, if I fell for someone like that, sure. But I am not actively looking for someone in the same line of work as I will be.

To be honest, Id find it rather dull: 2 doctors in the house... I prefer to keep it interesting.

Not to mention, that my heart already has a place to call home... shhh lol

• Most of my family works in the hospital so I guess it'd be interesting to kinda continue that :P

• A surgeon would be at least 30 years old. You state your age is 20. I would data Dr. but you shouldn't

• I've been accepted to med school. I have no desire to date someone that old. I'm just wondering if there is a stigma that involves doctors when it comes to dating.

• If the guy is the doctor and the girl is the date, it can be thought of as the girl was looking for money due to the common misconception that all doctors are rich.

• If he happened to be a doctor, that's fine. But I don't go out hunting doctors to date specifically.

• I wouldn't willingly want to because I need to be comforted often and and plus I would miss him all the time.

• Yah sure

• Possibly

• yes I would

• If I liked them yes I would

• As long as it's not a crazy one

• Yes! Yes!

• Why not? He makes good money but I think I see your point on the surging thing... A girl should trust her man as much as the guy should trust his woman

• Nope. I Mean there are no doctors my age. And also a lot of commitment and understanding and patience needs to go with dating a doc. I mean you gotta share them with the public basically.

• If he and I meshed well, sure.

• I actually don't know. Maybe if he liked me and we vibed well.

What Guys Said 2