Does living together and having premarital sex taint the sanctity of marriage?

• Yes.
  • No.

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted yes. While you can logically say it makes sense, that wasn't the question. Doing both before marriage Def takes away anything special about marriage. If you love together and are having sex, them the marriage is purely a piece of paper and nothing changes after the marriage (I speak from experience). It also doesn't guarantee a marriage will work and in fact is statistically more likely to fail.

What Girls Said 18

• Yeah I don't believe that sex is taboo or marriage is even a necessary part of being physical with your partner, nor does living together. Marriage is nothing more than a dated legal contract and generally unnecessary so long as you love and care about the person you're with.

• Even though I am coming from a very religious country everyone believes that living together is kind of a must before marriage. Just like I read in many other comments, you have to test the other, learn his habits, see if he acts the same when you are home as when you were on dates, see how he reacts to possible problems... And goes on... Besides, when you love someone you want to be with them, so living together wether a marriage is close in the future or no at all is a thing you already want to do after some time in your relationship...

• It's considered common law marriage and probably a good idea before you make it contractual. Marriage is just a contract.

• is there any financial or legal benefits that come with it or just responsibilities and obligations? I'm curious.

• Some people may still feel that way and I understand some of the reasoning, but I think I'd prefer to live with a partner before getting married just to really know what I'm getting into. Some differences in lifestyle and living habits can be extremely different so I think it's good to know early what those potential issues can be so that you can come up with solutions as soon as possible.

• Another plus to consider, living together would cut rent/bills nearly in half, allowing the couple to save up more towards the wedding and make it easier to make it closer to the kind of wedding they really want.

• You gotta test drive the car before you buy it ;) Marriage is just a commitment and says "I'll love you forever" but you can't truly love someone unless you know that you're both compatible sexually and emotionally.

• Nah! marriage means nothing!

• I'm doing both of those things. I think marriage is gonna be just as meaningful when it happens.

• Oh sweet Jesus. No. Of course not.

• I don't think so.
    I'f you've never lived with someone or had sex with them, then jump into both with marriage you can end up with some major problems.
    You really get to know someone when you live with them. It helps to know these things before such a big commitment.

• It increases the sanctity of marriage.

• no, we are liberated women we can have sex whenever we damn well please!!!,

• I honestly think it's better to find out if you're compatible on those two things before marrying eachother

• I don't think it does not in this day and age

• Lol not very

• Yep. It also makes it less special, if you have respect for your partner you would wait for marriage

• Nope

• It makes your relationship stronger and gives you the experience to know that they really are right for you so you don't end up rushing into marriage just so you can have sex and then getting a divorce a year later.

• It does. Would you marry a hoe who slept with half the town?

What Guys Said 12

• Not automatically no. My vide and I were together for 2 years before getting married. So now we have been married 17 years come August

• If i was in a long term relationship with a girl, and we lived together and had a sex life together, and i saw myself spending the rest of my life with her, then it'd seem like we were already married. We just hadn't got the official contract yet.

• Yes, because marriage becomes the next logic step in a relationship rather than a decision.

• No, divorcing because the sex was shit as you couldn't know that before taints the sanctity of marriage.

• Yes.

• Marriage is nothing more than a sham

• Lol nope. That's something that someone in the 18th century would said.

• question what is marriage too GOD?

• I wouldn't know, I'm saving myself for divorce.

• Probably better to have sex with your partner before marriage just to test it out

• I guess it doess make the marriage less special but overall the relationship is better

• Of all imaginary concepts sanctity has got to be the most fantastic.