Would you still keep on dating an attractive and nice girl even if you found out you have very little in common with her?

She's pretty and she has a nice personality but the more you get to know her, the more you realize you have very little in common.

Different as in differ religions, political views, family and social class.

Why or why not? And yes her family values are different from you and her view on children
I forgot to add, this is the stage where you have NOT had sex. You are getting to know her and you find out she's different.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I know you don't want a girls opinion, but think of the situation in the long run. looks only go so far, and eventually in the relationship you'll want to talk about more intellectual information rather than "how was your day?". yeah they're pretty to look at, nice to kiss, nice to have sex with but that's all you'll ever have, without communication and physical sexual attraction (chemistry) - most relationships don't work out. but that's just my opinion, don't listen to me. I'm sure on the inside you're saying the same thing. or "shut the fuck up, I know what I want and you can't tell me what to do!" lol

• Looks matter in the beginning though because they have to like what you look like enough to approach you.

• yeah of course, that's what attracts us first before anything else. l

What Guys Said 7

• to me its all very veg i would need to know to what extent values are different. an example if she does not value a committed relationship then no i wouldn't even go out on a date with her. but if it was just family size and how many kids that can always be a middle ground in that. when it comes to social class she would possibly be slumming it going after me and i like the simple things in life i don't need a lot. so i don't think i could afford to support the life she is use to.
    but if she is willing to go 1/2 way then yes i would be happy to put in the effort to be what she wanted in a guy.

• As in she wants no kids but you do
      She is a different religion from you

• as for my age, kids would be hard to keep up with so that would be no problem.
      as for a different religion. that part isn't hard ether because i'm not religious but i wouldn't look down on her for being so.

• "little in common" s different from 'different views on how to live"

Latter is an issue long term and maybe sooner.

But you describe this as so early on i'm not sure i'd care about 3 years from now or whatever, nor should i - we may change. The key is whether we want a similar sort of relationship -now-.

• I would only consider it if her beliefs in family values and methods differ than mine. I wouldn't let the other things get in my way.

• I probably wouldn't no. Those are some pretty key areas we would differ on. It would depend I guess how much we differ and if I could accept the differences or not.

• Probably not, if there was no common ground, I just think that I wouldn't be the one for her.

• I have nothing in common with most girls I fuck

• Hmm, pretty sure I have nothing in common with chicks I've banged yet so

What Girls Said 3

• I couldn't date anybody that I had nothing in common with.

• If I like how I feel around him thats all I care about.

• I don't think having things in common is what determines a good relationship.