Do you worry about being single?

The question was playing on my mind after giving advice to my guy friend how to get a girlfriend. However at the end of the day he ended up crying his eyes out because he hasn't had a girlfriend in a year - Had to explain to him that I never had a boyfriend so should count himself lucky!
But do you guys worry about being single? Is their a reason why your still single or just haven't found the right person?

Most Helpful Guy

• Ya, sometimes. It's scary not to fit into the role that all people are supposed to. From a young age we're told that a partner needs to validate us or we're undesirable. Dont be a virgin, why aren't you dating someone, god forbid you turn into a spinster. That's life in our society. There's more to life than just one role though and no one really needs someone else to validate them. So yes. I worry about it, but I also love myself enough to live life to fullest whether or not I have a partner atm.

• Definitely agree with you! The fact society tells us where suppose to lose our virginity as soon as possible and that without a partner, you not desired as much as someone who is upsets me the most. However I can't blame them because as animals were functioned to find a spouse and breed with them. But that was years ago and we've changed a lot since then.
      I kept telling my friend that you don't need someone to make you more desirable; but kept arguing that his dependant on someone else in his life, but if he can't be happy with himself then who is suppose to be happy with him.
      Thanks for the response! I'm glad we share similar views :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not at all... in fact at this point in my life at 37 ... I feel like having the no strings thing would be much better... emotions just fuck everything up when it doesn't work out... I have been married and now divorced.. in relationships with people I thought would be there for me and had my back.. was cheated on and mentally and verbally abused multiple times.. I refuse to turn my life upside down for anyone.. my dogs and cats give me more love and companionship than any human... sad but true and I doubt it will ever change... bet there are actually more people out there that would agree with me...

What Guys Said 25

• I used to feel that way, not too long ago. I haven't been in a relationship for over 5 years now.

But I am not really in a position to dedicate myself to a relationship. Lots of things to take care of, professionally and personally. I'm not really hoping for a relationship. If I get into one, good. If not, I don't mind because I have some alternate plans for my life, which does not involve a partner.

• No I'm single by choice, I have standards and expectations to be treated well, and I treat others well too, and respect them for their standards that they hold me too, as long as they're not impossible or rooted in fantasy, I can handle most tasks in a relationship well, and don't do casual dating or casual sex, I'm into long term relations with a female. I intend even by being exclusive to date my girlfriend or wife when am in a committed relationship, as to keep the relationship fresh and exciting.

• Why worry about something you cannot control? Be the best you. Learn to enjoy life with and without someone. After that, there's nothing to worry about.

• Not really talking on a girlfriend requires a lot of money to keep them happy, they always want some kind of high price fancy Jewelry and shoes and clothes and they never can afford it on there own. Not to mention vacations and other stuff as well and as soon as you tighten your belt they start to change for the worst and soon after they walk. This is why I stay single and don't push finding a girl even though its nice to have a girl in my life.

• I'm 16, I don't have time for a relationship, but if I did, I wouldn't be in one either way. Thing is, I've learned how to be happy about being independent (pretty much alone) and appreciating being by myself and able to not worry about someone else. Cuz after a long time being with someone, it's not just "me" anymore, it's "us" now. So yeah, I don't really care about relationships, if it happens then it happens, but I like being independent and doing shit by myself. People need to realize they don't need someone else to complete them, learn to appreciate what you have so that when you DO find a guy/girl, you'll be able to truly be grateful for what you had and have now.

• Not really no, I don't really want to date, and even if I did, I would not be good enough to date, wouldn't even be worth my time trying so I simply don't :)

• Naw :( You shouldn't say those things to yourself

• Aye, just being realistic unfortunately matey!

• There are times when I do miss a relationship, but at the same time I love being single, because you don't have to worry about getting cheated on, wasting more money, having to be with them all the time. Nothing wrong with any of those things just my opinion. I'm young, so I'll be in a relationship when I feel like I am ready.

• I used to be since I've always been single but after accepting to be single, I'm liking being single. Single for life!

• Nope I use that time to better myself and do things I usually wouldn't do when I'm in a relationship (No, this time I don't mean something naughty lol)

• no i dont worry about being single

• i do a lot but then again im not a simple person im a very complicated person, and im single since more than 3 years. life sucks a lot.

• Yeah, I worry. That's not exactly the right word, but I do desperately long for a relationship. I've been single well longer than a year, and the last girlfriend I did have wasn't faithful. I promised myself that I wouldn't be single by my next birthday.

• A year amateur I've been single my whole life. tell your friend that.
    As for you being single you still have it easier then 99.99% of us guys.

• I can be quite lonely sometimes, but I don't worry about being single itself, no. I'm quite introverted myself, I can be happy alone.

• in a year? -_-
    I wish my last one were a year ago... lol.
    and honestly, yes I sometimes am

• Absolutely not. The reason is, I'm busy.

• I mean, it will be nice to have someone but, I'm not ready for a relationship yet.

• Not at all.

• Well I think I somehow do, having a girlfriend would be great for me cuz no one I know show me love

• Sometimes

• I dont cause I am not but want to be free

• Not really. I think girls worry more about it than guys tbh. I'm happy single

• yes i do

• Nope. Never. I used to worry but now I don't. I know my potentially the best person for me but I can't do anything about it; more like chicken to do anything about it.
    Anyway, I know that I'm not ready. Important phase of my life. Got degree so now it's time to look for real job and sort out myself before asking that girl out.
    I wouldn't want my sister to date a guy in the similar situation as mine. So I will fix myself first.

• I'm going to be single in 4 months (she's moving, we both don't want long distance) and I HATE knowing that I'll be single again. Having that special someone in your life is the BEST feeling in the world.

What Girls Said 12

• Nope its nice!

• No , because i am single by choice

• I don't really worry about being single, more that i won't get to experience being in a relationship. I have never been in one, and am getting to a point where i keep seeing relationship sort of stuff everywhere, that it makes me really want to experience it. I just have a tough time getting close to guys, even if i really want to.

• I'n engaged now but was single for years before I met him. It was my choice because I was waiting for the right person. I don't rely on a man to make me happy but it's nice to feel loved & have someone to share your life with. I'm guessing he's still very young so he has plenty of time to find the right girl. In the meantime he could focus on other things. :)

• Aww Congratulations! I'm happy to hear the good news!

• Thank you! ^-^ Tell your friend to stay positive & the best things in life are worth waiting for. :D

• Nah, I enjoy being single.

• Yes, I worry tremendously. Because, if I have lived for 20 years without having a romantic partner, what makes me think I will suddenly be able to find someone in the next 20 years? I know I am being pretty pessimistic but I can't deny it is something I think about and cry over (even though people will say I am being ridiculous).

• Nope.

• I don't worry about being single at all but I don't have a particular reason for why I'm single either lol

• Never a problem I always have guys wanting to be my man.. Dlikesorry guys I'm taken 😂😂😂

• Not worried about being single, it's not that bad. It's as bad as you want it to be I think...

• Kinda yeah...;/

• No I'm only 15 turning 16 and everybody is talking bout boyfriend there and there but I wanna make sure that I have a future and then I'll think bout a relationship

• Yep! That is always the smartest way to go. Never had a boyfriend in high school but wanted to focus on graduating and getting into college. Got there and now hurdling over college :)
      Don't worry about what other people say, just make sure you focus on yourself and the rest will come later