How come guys never ask me for my phone number?

How come guys don't ever ask me for my number. Sometimes, I may notice a guy checking me out or they will stare at me but a guy has never approached me and given me his number. I mean, one time, I noticed a guy staring at me but when I looked at him, he looked away like he wasn't even looking at me in the first place. When I do notice a guy staring at me, I might stare back to show interest but nothing happens. But it's not like I notice men checking me out/staring at me very often, it happens maybe a couple times a year lol. Many of my friends brag about how men, especially when they are at work, will leave a note to them saying how beautiful they are and will write down their phone number. Guys don't do this to me. But for me, all I get is a check out or stares from guys. I have only had 3 men in my life tell me I am 'very' beautiful (when they tell me this I am shocked because men barely approach me) but they were older men who approached me (still, they never asked for my number though..) and I do not see myself getting in a relationship with an older man. I get really depressed because I have never had a boyfriend before and most of my friends are in relationships and they have experience with guys whereas I have none. I am not a picky person nor do I have high standards when it comes to looking for a romantic partner, but I feel like most of my friends who are approached by men have a variety of guys to choose from. Whereas, I feel like I don't and have to take anything that maybe comes my way. I am very old school and I don't believe in a woman approaching a man (nothing will literally change my mind).

Most Helpful Guy

• "I am very old school and I don't believe in a woman approaching a man (nothing will literally change my mind)."

So basically you refuse to risk rejection. You made your bed then. You are the one that has to lay in it.

Virtually every other aspect of your life involves you going after what you want and putting forth the effort to achieve whatever it is that you want to gain or accomplish, but you would still rather sit on your hands and wait around as your youth ticks away instead of building up some courage and making something happen with another guy yourself.

Do yourself a favor. Change your mindset. You have nothing to lose and much to gain.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people are terrified of rejection.

What Guys Said 16

• Because you're just sitting on the side and waiting for magic to happen, and it doesn't happen without reciprocation, which you so desperately seem to avoid.

• Well, if guys are looking at you, means they definitely find your attractive but there is no real interest to take it forward or something.

However it could also mean that for some they are intrigued by you, they may find you intimidating also.

• its ok i know how you must be feeling right now, the reason why any guy didn't approached you might be because you must be very pretty or hot thats why every guy is scared to approach you, and i would suggest you to dont rush into these thing when the time will be right it'll happen.

• are you pretty? Or Maybe you don't look approachable

• A lot of times we assume gorgeous ladies are taken so we dont bother.
    Other times some gorgeous ladies have a resting bitch face as a man can also have so we dont think theyre interested

• Women have this mindset that they will just wait for guys to come ask them for their number and they will be attractive. I understand your mindset with women not having to do this, but if you want it, go make an effort. You won't know unless you give it a shot. Who knows, it might happen!

• Probably because they don't want to.

• whats your numba?

• Best of luck... Some day it may happen

• I'd probably ask your name first and try to actually talk.

• how do u look? imean if you have a pic it can help us ansewring u positively!

• cause they dont like you that way to get it

• Maybe you aren't attractive.

• Probably because you just sit there and do nothing.

• Why don't ya post a picture so we can tell?

• I think women have unrealistic expectations of men. It's not normal to go to a stranger and ask for their phone number

What Girls Said 0