Will a relationship between a 17 year old guy and 19 year old girl work?

Most Helpful Guy

• sure.
    calculate the minimum age you should date without it being creepy or messed up.
    half your age plus 7

• I was 20 when I met my ex wife. She was 17. as I am typing this I just realized I meet my own formula lol... but anyway, we lasted 25 years. divorce was her idea, not mine...

• Well your case is something different. You were 20, and i think a 20 year old boy is more mature than a 17 year old boy.

• Definitely. Women are more mature when they are younger.

Most Helpful Girl

• Any relationship can work if your willing to work hard at it. What I want to know is why is a 17 years old with someone who's 19. What is the purpose of the relationship? Why is there a relationship in the first place? When I often see that wither it is the girl who is younger then the guy or the other way around, it often comes down to the parents. Are they in agreement to this relationship? And why? In my opinion I don't find it appropriate for a person over 18 dating someone below 18, unless they are turning 18 very soon. Sometimes the older the person is, the high chance they can take advantage of you if you don't know any better. I've often heard these things happen even if it is just two years apart. It's the line between being over 18 or under that is often the case.

What Guys Said 11

• The gap is just two years, I think it can perfectly work.

• For a while, sure. To be honest, girls usually mature quicker than guys, so a younger guy with an older girl might not be the best thing. Depends on the guy, though. If his maturity level is on par with her's, then why not. I konw speaking for myself, I matured by leaps and bounds between ages 17-19, so for me a 19 year old girl probably wouldn't have hooked up with me outside of sex when I was 17.

• who the fuck knows? if it doesn't work, it'll have nothing to do with age.

• Better than most, yes.

• I can't say that if you just give me the age, but it's likely that that won't get in the way. I don't see how it'd be a problem if you don't make it one.

• Sure it can.

• The answer is yes. Lol

• 2 years diffrence is fine. But when the girl is older... I don't know feels weird.

• Yeah.

• wow its not about ages...

• It can work as long as there's love. Love doesn't know age.

What Girls Said 5

• yeah but i wouldn't date a 17 year old!

• I don't see a problem with it. As long as they get each other and have around the same level of maturity there shouldn't be an issue.

• Depending on the two people, that's a close enough age for it to work out well :)

• It will work, definitely

• Yeah! why not?

• Cause girls at this age tend to be more mature i think

• Sometimes the 17 years old guy is mature too :)