How do I get a boyfriend?

This is a very, very serious question. There are girls at my school plenty uglier than me that have boyfriends, but here I am all alone. Maybe it is just because I'm shy? Or a tad bit awkward? Or one of the smartest kids in my class, which might put me under the nerd category? I really don't know...

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably cuz you're shy. Usually girls that are shy are also nice and guys don't know if you're interested or just being nice to them. When you combine that with the fact that guys have a hard time approaching girls even if they know a girl likes them, now you can see your problem. It probably has nothing to do with you not being pretty or being a nerd, it's just guys don't know what to do so they do nothing. Try to talk to them more. Take small steps and you'll get more comfortable little by little. You'll be ok. There's guys out there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Having a boyfriend is nothing if you don't actually have feelings for each other. Don't get a boyfriend just to have one. You gotta really like him.

So, to find a guy you like, you have to meet more people. This means getting over your shyness a bit (it is possible, I used to be very shy as well). Say hi to guys in your classes, make small talk, join some clubs maybe. Then let things progress naturally.

Remember, talking to guys isn't scary. They're people, just like you and anyone else. Just a smile and a "hi" or "cool shirt" or whatever is fine. Baby steps.

What Guys Said 9

• They probably feel you will never give them a chance.
    Are you a social person?
    Do you show, publicly, how you are as a person? Like talking, laughing with people, playing with your school mates?

• Focus less on what others do and be yourself. If you find that certain boy out there dont be afraid to approach em

• socialize... and don't be afraid to make the first step. don't wait for guys to know on your door

• Go ask them yourself.

• Step by step.

1. Scout for potentially interesting partners.
    2. Approach said partners and make a good impression.
    3. Flirt with and pursue relationships with said potential partners.
    4. Profit or Repeat.

• Well don't keep looking in the opposite direction when I'm talking to you... I don't understand why women to that... makes me feel you hate me thus awkward conversation

• Maybe it is just because I'm shy? Or a tad bit awkward? Or one of the smartest kids in my class, which might put me under the nerd category?

It's because you're here waiting and complaining instead of asking a guy that you like out.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Stay in school! Boys are trouble! hahah!

• You honestly don't need a boyfriend in high school. I went to an all girls school so I didn't really come into contact with guys till uni. I met my first (current) boyfriend through a uni friend and I've been the happiest yet! Boys in high school are a bit immature for my liking and you would prefer a man rather than a boy to date right? :) so if someone comes along go for it. If not don't feel upset or pressured.

• You should be proud that you're the smartest kid in your class + many guys likes smart chicks here on gag ;)

• Be open, nice respectful and be true to yourself