How do I become friends with a guy I like?

I like this guy but I only see him two times a week in my art class because I'm in college. He likes baseball and football and I like those spors too but I feel like thats all we talk about. How do I really get to know him? What are other topics to talk about that doesn't make me seem desperate?

Most Helpful Guy

• Try to meet up with him more and talk about different topics, movies, music and so on.

Most Helpful Girl

• Simply don't be desperate. Don't be friends simply because you like him. If you see him two times a week, then use those two days to connect on other things. Just ask about different things and pay attention to body language in case you've hit a sensitive area. It is not that hard. If he wants you to get to know him he will open up more. But if you feel like your not getting the chance to really get to know him, then it has to do with how he feels towards you as an acquaintance. Give it time. If he's equally eager to be your friend, you will feel it from him and he will make the move. Be patient and don't force it. It happens at a good time. Just ask yourself what makes him a good friend to be around with. But remember that if your only objective is just to be friends with him because you want to date him, it may be off putting to him if he senses that from you. And he may end up putting a wall up because of it. Remember to look for the body language and clues if he wants to be friends. If you two already talk a lot even if it is just spots, he may already see you as a friend. But don't break that trust or else it will end badly.

What Guys Said 1

• If you like the guy just ask him on a date and you can learn more from there, if you just do friendly stuff then after a while he will assume you just put him in the "friend zone" and then thats basically the end of your chance to have a relationship.

What Girls Said 1

• Ask him out to a game? Just plan it out!