Should I stop texting this girl that never texts me first?

She's pretty shy so she hardly texts me first and I know she's a little busy with school events, but i'm also busy with school and work and i still find time to text her tho. I was just wondering should i continue to pursue her if she's too shy to text first? I want to know if she's interested so iwont waste my time with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want to know if she's interested, ask her on a date. If she says yes, then you'll get a better feel for HOW interested she is by her body language on the date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok, she doesn't text you first but does she reply when you text her? does she reply fast? and how are the conversations, does she seem comfortable with you while conversing?

If she replies fast and is comfortable while conversing with you, then it shouldn't be a problem for you. I mean just because she is not texting you first doesn't mean that she is not interested and you shouldn't assume the same.

Some people are not good at taking initiatives, and plus you said she is a shy girl.

What Girls Said 2

• Why not just ask her upfront whether she's interested in you or not? Do you ever manage to hang out at all? Invite her out for a coffee or something and ask her directly. I think if you don't ask you don't get in this case.

• Tbh I hardly see her, but we text a lot.

• So getting into a relationship might be difficult then? If she's shy, it's going to be tough for her to text first so I would either call her and speak to her or arrange something in the future and tell her then.

• Well if she never ever texts first after a while of texting she might not be interested. Of she texts you first sometimes, especially after a while, she might still be interested especially if she is shy

What Guys Said 1

• Shyness is not always an excuse. Just wait until she texts you, else stop contacting her.