Is he not interested?

Met this guy for one date, it went well and he showed he liked me, hinted about second date. After date, he messaged saying 'would happily meet me around my busy schedule' (I am a busy girl.) I said would get back to him on a time, but never properly did, but we keep texting and I indicated interest. I, however, spontaneously asked him out once. He was not in town, but asked me 'what would you like to do when we next meet'.

Fast forward to another weekend. He texted me in the morning saying 'we should grab a drink SOME TIME'. At night I spontaneously asked if he wanted to meet that night. He said sure, but need to finish off some work first. Later he said he would be running late and whether I wanted to do it another night instead. He made reference to the bad weather as well. He asked 'next week? IF I can get out of work early'. THIS IS THE POINT WHERE I FEEL HE REALLY DOES NOT CARE. He has a busy job but making a date should not come with a disclaimer, should it?

I told him I would be busy next week but that it's cool. He said, yea a planned night would be better. I didn't reply. We haven't spoken since then.

Is he clearly not interested? It takes him a long time to text back but he always sounds interested, flirty, ask questions. Why string me and keep texting/ hinting to meet up if not interested?

Comments please, thank you!

What Guys Said 1

• Just sounds like he's busy tbh. Proably tired too since you guys won't make up your minds and legitimately commit to going on a date together. Try to make less "maybe we'll see each other's" and more "dinner at 8" plans. Don't try to force anything though since you'll both end up frustrated

What Girls Said 2

• Baaaaah!

Dude just call him up and talk to him. Seriously.
    Like this guy and I planned to go out but because we were both so busy we procrastinated for a couple of months.
    It wasn't until I called him up and we spoke that he also still wanted to go on a date with me.
    It's lack of communication.
    If you are both two busy individuals then it's understandable. I don't think he doesn't care. I just think he's busy and occupied.

• Sounds like you're the one coming off as not interested.