Women what do you look for on your first date with a man?

Most Helpful Girl

• a fun personality honestly. nothing grabs my attention better than a guy who can hold a conversation with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a woman, but it's easy to know what most women tend to look for on a first date.
    First of all is manners. Do you hold the door open for her. Do you say thank you and please. How do you interact with other people. How you eat your food...
    They also want a nice conversation. It's a first date, so you're getting to know each other, but if you sound like you're analyzing her, that's gonna be boring. You gotta have a conversation that flows easily where you laugh and get to know each other at the same time.
    A good conversation would be one where you don't have to ask a question for you to receive an answer.

I think another thing they like is how smart you are (this won't apply to every woman though). Sure, you can know who won the last Super Bowl, or that DiCaprio won the Oscar this year, but do you know how to place France in a map? Do you know who the Chancellor of Germany is? If during the conversation you're funny but you sound dumb, many girl would feel turned off by that.

Presentation is another huge thing. You can't go on a date with shorts and flip flops, dress for the occasion. It's better to go overdressed, than wearing less than what you should.

Cologne. Wear cologne.

Smile. Show her that you're enjoying your time with her. If you look boring, she'd get worried, and will end up feeling bored too.

What Girls Said 18

• I would look to see if he was interested in getting to know me as a person , and if he actually listened to what I had to say. If he only talked about..."me, myself & I " then it would be a turn off.

• I look for conversation a little bit, but in a minimal weight way because sometimes people are nervous. But I would notice things like if responses are usually kind.

I notice if he pays or accepts my offer to pay my half.

I notice if he holds open the door.

Pretty much a general "how does he treat me" "how does he treat the people around us."

• if he's respectful to me and others, if we can have a good conversation, and if it feels natural or forced. i used to hate dating because it always felt forced. until i went on my first date with my current boyfriend. it was really chill. i mean sure i was nervous but it felt very natural. the feeling of it being natural is so important.

• How well conversation flows between us. It's a huge plus in my books if conversation flows along effortlessly, no room for worries about awkward silences and such.

• I always notice how he acts around me: I won't lie and say that acting too shy or too nervous doesn't turn me off because it does, but I understand a little nervousness. I pay attention to his ability to make conversation and actually listen.

• If he dress well and how he acts with other people!

• Manners and how he interacts with other people.

• How he treats me and just how the way he speaks. Is he kind? Is he stable? Is he treating me like a potential long term girlfriend or as a fling partner? Can he make me laugh? Just everything to be honest.

• The obvious... a pulse.

• I dunno, never been on a date!

• He asks me questions about my life, shows genuine interest, and relates instead of simply inundating me with info about himself.

• A "same page" understanding of each other.

• does he make me laugh? is he a gentleman? can he hold a conversation? is genuine around me? just a few of the things.

• Humor, eye contact, a good give and take conversation, and most importantly, how he treats waitstaff, customer service people, etc.

• Him as a person
    Us two connecting

• Respectful
    Good character
    Good listener
    Information about what he does job/hobbies

• face, jewelry, clothes, shoes

• a fun personality and honestly.

What Guys Said 1

• I think most women just look for someone that is fun and/or sexy depending on what type of relationship they are looking for at they time. As the woman gets older she is typically less worried about those, and more worried about red flags that would interfere with finding a husband.