Longtime singles and older than average virgins, have you lowered your standards or do you still have high standards regarding looks?

Most Helpful Girl

• def lower than when I was a teenager

• how long have you been single? or are you still a virgin?

• I'm sorry to hear that :-(, but I'm sure we will find someone, I'm crossing my fingers :-)

• thanks, that's sweet

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I have always been single and I am still a virgin.

Now, what I am going to say will come of as strange to you.

Yes, I do have high standards, both in personality and physical looks. No, I am not going to lower those standards, and I am not going to compromise on them, I know what I deserve, I may or may not get what I want and that's fine.

However I never plan to do anything with that, I am not going to look for a woman and I never want to be in love/relationship. I have decided to stay single till death.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't look at boys anymore haha! i just don't care much about relationships!

• I never had high standards.

What Guys Said 7

• im just getting used to the idea that im just going to be single forever. im just looking for 5-6 women that i can spend a few nights with a month each.

• I don't know, I've never really made any attempts to date so I guess my standards are the same.

• Yes I had very high standards then one day I realized I was but to turn 30 and still a virgin. So I significantly lowered my standards

• Longer you're single the higher your standards become.

• definitly not for everybody. I'm asking this question because I noticed that I definitly lowerded my standards. When I was younger I allways wanted the hot and good looking girls. But the more time passes by, I just want a nice girl who would share my love. I don't think that look doesn't matter for me any more, but I think I'd give at least 8 out of 10 girls a chance if they want to.

• Your wants don't represent those whom you'd actually give it a chance with. A lot of your subconscious comes to play here

• not a bit. I'd marry only a free minded, intelligent and loving girl. no matter how much time I have to wait for that.

• Nope my standards are still the same. My standards are high but I know they aren't my problem.

My problem is my shyness. Which I am doing absolutely nothing about so I'll probably be a virgin still for years to come.

• No, in fact as I experienced things; I increased my standards.