My boy friend has a box of stuff from his ex and won't get rid of it. Wtf do I do?

We've been going out for almost a year and this has been him since she gave it to him, I think February of last year and he won't get rid of it. Every time I bring it up he asked like I'm the bad guy trying to control his life and tell him what to do. It's at his parent house in his old room so not at our apartment but still it hurts me that he still has it.

Is it me? Am I the one in the wrong? Or should he get rid of it?

Opinions and comments would help a lot thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, it's his stuff and you have no reason to demand for him to throw his stuff out.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be mad as well, especially over the fact that he hasn't thrown anything away.
    But then again, maybe he keeps them for nostalgia reasons, it doesn't necessarily mean he still thinks of her.
    Anyway, I am sort of a vengeful person so if I were in your position, I'd wear a bracelet/shirt/skirt/or anything else. If he complimented on it, I'd simply tell him with a smile: "Oh you like it? It was a gift from my ex while we were dating".

What Guys Said 4

• It sounds to me like he still has some feelings and pain around the area. The moment you bring it up he instantly points to you as the villain of the situation, so he clearly is sensitive about it. I would say that you feel like he can't move on.

• Does he keep a box of stuff from u too? If not then ask why she is so special and does he still have feelings etc. There must be some reason he can't let go! Not good really if you've been with him so long and he still keeps this.

• nothing lol

• One or two things I could see but I hole box that seems like a lot

What Girls Said 0