What age range is appropriate for a 17 year old girl?

My sister is 17 and I don't want her to be dating guys too old.

Most Helpful Girl

• Around her age should be fine.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Since she is clearly still in school she should date in my opinion guys around her age a year or two is fine but you gotta think about her boyfriends too... What if they don't want to stay with her for a long time? They might want to go to college or university in the next year

• for me I was attracting 25 year olds at that age but i looked 19/20 from being 14.

• I would say 15-21 or 22. But don't put too much weight on the age. Out more emphasis on the guy

• I would say guys not older than 22

• Depending on her maturity level, guys the same age a lot of times are a lot more immature. Also depending where you live legality unfortunately is hard to get around, if your age of consent is 18. At 17 I was dating 19 & 20 year olds and never had a problem

• Id say 30 is about the limit

• I would say someone around her own age or maybe year or two older but nothing more than that, or else it may just be a preditor.

• Somewhere around 20?

• According to the half age plus 7 rule: the maximum she can go for is 20.

• under 20 would be alright

• 17-22

• Age is just a number! YEAH BUT WE DON'T WANT PAEDOPHILES TOO. Max would be 21 or maybe an immature 22. But see the guy too to see if he's right for your sis :) Protect her from behind and if he makes her cry beat the shit outta him.

• 16-20

• If she's 17, I would say someone around her age.

What Guys Said 10

• While your concern is appreciated, look out for her, support her when she requires it but let her make her own decisions about who and when to date :)

Give her pointers, let her know you are always there for her :)

• 18 and below, provided the 18 year-old is still in high school.

Its not so much a maturity level thing as it is protection for both parties. Statutory rape is a thing much debated by law scholars, but its wielded like an executioner's axe in a court of law.

Best not tempt fate, you know? After she's 18, the sky's the limit. Under 18, deal with other school kids only.

• I think the age range is for her to decide, not you. I know what my sister would say if I tried to make a decision like this for her. In a years time, at 18, your sister can say something similar.

• Half your age plus 7 is the youngest you can date.

Your age minus 7 times 2 is the oldest.

• Maybe from her age to 5 years older, 6 depending on the situation. More than that can be too much...

• For your sister. . . he should be not younger than 15 or older than 20.

• Thing is your sister will have absolutely nothing of value to provide for a guy in his 20's except for easily attainable pussy, so she really has no business dating guys 3 or more years older than she is. I'd say your sister should keep between 16 and 19 and leave older men alone since again she has NOTHING but her body that older men will want.

• Id say high school and not high school would be a good division more then an age number. The world changes out of high school.

• No older than her.

• 17 year olds should only date around their age. They're still children in my eyes.