Are guys of height 5'8-5'9 considered short?

I am somewhere between 5'8-5'9 so is it considered short when it comes to dating?
also girls of 5'5-5'6 would do consider dating a 5'8 guy or you will prefer those 6+ dudes?
what preference you girls give to a guys height while dating?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's average height.

The preference I see a lot in woman is they don't care as long as he is taller than her is *usually* a good rule of thumb.

I'm only 5'2" so I can't really answer your question, but somewhere in a forum (might not be gag) I saw someone venting or asking a relevant question. The person was taller for a girl and had trouble finding men taller than she is but would notice lots of couples with a really short girl and really tall guy and noticed that around her the taller girls would be with guys near their height. Or something like that and it frustrated her. So I think taller women likely PREFER taller guys, BUT I don't think it's a deal breaker to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Very short where I'm from. /Average/ is 6'1 or 6'2.

Long live the Netherlands. About average in the U. S I believe. Tall in most of Asia. You gotta drop specifics if you want real answers.

• average in the US is about 5'10-5'11

• @Eric644 And do an average of it all and voila. I'm correct. And even if we're going with your taller demographic you're still adding inches that do not exist Eric. Just admit you got this oen wrong : )

• well, if you narrow it down to young males it is precisely 69.5 inches which is 5'9 1/2, so it could go either way,

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 5'6" and I'm okay with 5'9", 5'8" starts to be too short. 😕
    By the way, 5'9" is average height.

• Would you date someone 5'8 if you find him attractive by other factors? Other then the height ofcourse.

• @Eric644
      I didn't say that height didn't matter to us, but I'm saying that we aren't the only ones in this case.
      Interesting study.
      And cool for you. 👌

• most definitely yes in most cases. Men usually care more about bodytype than they do height

• I like guys who are close to my height and I'm 5'7. I don't understand the fascination with tall guys, I like the guy being close to me because somehow I feel more relatable to him and it's easier to make out

• I'm 5'8 as well and I'd still date someone my height, but I prefer someone taller because I love wearing heels and its not fun being taller than your date lol

• Nah, that's not short.

• I'm 5'5 and consider 5'8 or taller to be a good height, mostly because I rarely wear heels.

• you have nothing t worry about, I'm like 4ft

• which planet do you live in?
    Worlwide average height for humans is around 5 ' 3.7795" (1.62 m)

• Which planet are YOJ from! Ha-ha
      Maybe that's OK for female but not good for a male.

• @anonuser20 yeah, by people who know nothing about anatomy.

• You don't feel this way?

What Guys Said 7

• More confidene + less height = desirable dude,
    less confidence + more height = desirable dude.
    See the point? u have to cover lack of height in humor, confidence etc department, whereas a guy who is tall can skate by.. even if he has a bit of less confidence and humor than u.

• To lots of girls, I don't think they would really consider them short, but many, many of my friends around that height have said they'd love to be 6ft+

• depends where you're at I suppose. but its average or close to average.

• it's not short so much as it's average height. From I tell girls don't really care and if they do it's a bit shallow.

• If it is then I'm really short lol

• I used to wonder that too and what I've noticed is that an attractive man who is 5'8 still does better than the lanky weird looking 6'2. Comes down to confidence and how well you carry yourself.

• Unfortunately not only 5'8" but anything under 6' is considered short by many stupid chicks...