Will GUYS leave their girlfriend for someone skinnier?

Hi! I am 165cm, 60kg and I want to get to 50kg, dieting and exercising/toning up at the moment and making progress. However I'm afraid my boyfriend will go find someone skinnier because I don't look my best at the moment. Is it common for guys to do that? He said he loves me because of my personality, I'm beautiful, funny etc. I met him through a mutual friend who said at the beginning that he was into slim girls...

so should I be worried? We have lots of fun together, play video games, ride bikes, watch movies etc but I just feel he'll leave if a skinnier girl comes along...

Advice pls?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but if you worry too much and obsess enough to become depressed and anorexic (considering 50 kg is below your natural weight at that height, your absolute minimum is 54 kg but 56-58 is just fine, and I personally would prefer 60 as it is), then he might leave for someone who feels healthy and doesn't want to become clinically underweight.

Most Helpful Girl

• If your boyfriend is only with you because of your looks, then yes, he will stray.
    However TRUE, REAL LOVE, and RESPECT doesn't just because there's someone in the room who may be more attractive than you.
    If any man respects you, a model looking woman can walk into the room, and he will not notice her and have all of his eyes on you.
    Don't feel worried.
    Your insecurities are speaking.
    If he gives you no reason to feel that way, don't!
    Your insecurities can be the ending of your own relationship if they eventually grow louder than the confirmation he is giving you, that all will be okay.

What Guys Said 11

• I think most guys, unless he has a really strong skinny girl fetish, will stay if most of the other elements of the relationship are sound. Are you kinky? That can make a big difference.

• possibly, it depends what he really wants.

• If he really loves you he won't leave you for any girl. Be sure of it. If he does it, then you're really better off without him.

• Dang it, that's horrible... I'm still surprised to hear women say that their relationships are so delicate that a couple Kg's could cause a break up. Just seems like that situation is not stable and you might want to reevaluate just how important he is to you...

• Nope,
    If I'm in love with you I'm not foing to leave you for someone just because they are skinny.

• That shouldn't be a problem if you're losing weight and he knows it, no.

• Not all of them. Some will leave their girlfriend for someone chubbier.

• Some shady guys will, most won't.

• No, skinny girls aren't attractive.

• Will girls leave their boyfriend for someone taller?

• Be the best you that you can be. And if he doesn't want the best you, then leave him or just let him leave. You can't make someone stay with you just for looks. If he really loved you, he would tell you that he's worried about your weight. That way he tries to stay with you and tells you what his needs are and if you're okay with meeting those needs.

What Girls Said 6

• No. He wouldn't be with you to begin with if he didn't think you weren't slim enough. And even if you aren't his perfect ideal, so what? That pretty much never happens, and clearly he's super into you since he wants to spend so much time with you and you have fun together. You're just projecting your insecurities onto him and that's not fair to him.

• if he thought you weren't slim enough*
      Too many negatives. Too confusing lol :P

• What I think is that for most men, this isn't a real reason to break up with someone. If the girl really let herself go and didn't try to make things better. Her lack of motivation could affect her relationship.
    Though, when you're with someone, it's about more than gaining a little weight.

• Just because she's skinny doesn't mean she's pretty. And I have more faith in guys than to think they'll leave a girl just because they see someone skinnier

• To be real here... Yes. Only if he's the type that goes after looks and prefers skinny girls.

• Yeah they will if they are fuck boys

• Noo! Who does that? He is already your boyfriend, he likes YOU and if he leaves you for a skinnier girl then you do not want that kind of trash in your life.