Guys, currently what stage do you get the most "stuck" at in terms of the dating progress? Why or how?

Vote on the poll and answer in as much detail as you wish, going anonymous if you so choose. #PleaseAndThankYou

• getting the courage to initially approach girls I have interest in
    45% (10)
  • asking for her number / contact info after I approach her
    9% (2)
  • getting a first date
    27% (6)
  • getting another date after the first date
    5% (1)
  • getting a girl to commit to me, aka "being my girlfriend"
    5% (1)
  • maintaining the relationship (before living together with her or before getting married)
    9% (2)
  • maintaining the relationship after living together with her or after getting married
    0% (0)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

10

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same page as @M_A_X. I dont understand social cues and I tend to be too damn strait forward when I approach a girl so I had no choice but to pick A. but oh well I think I've gotten pretty far for a person who has this type of handicap

• in my opinion being too aggressive is better than being too passive when it comes to being a guy in dating. I know I turn some gals off because I don't passively accept being in an ambiguous state of limbo in regards to her interest level

• lol bro the women from your hometown must be really strong then!

• Not really, I'm a goal driven type of person and I grew up in mid-size cities most of my life, this area my family lives now is more of a small town and I can tell in the overall vibe of the people here, ambition and grandiose goal setting is way lower than me

What Guys Said 9

• Nice question. I'd say the first date, it's getting your foot in the door to have that chance to show her who you are. When you're in, then you get to talk to her with her shields down and hit it off.

With that social shield/slut shaming stuff going on, it makes it hard, given they act so innocent and thus your subtle suggestions for a date end up being misinterpreted as oh yeah let's all go there (with all other people in social circle). How do you just flat out tell someone, you and me, I want to just see you.

With a new girl, it's maybe a bit easier, given you're brand new. But when you meet people at uni or work, it's tough given you are in a circle. They say not to use the word date, but not sure since if you don't, then it may not come across as that?

Sigh.. women.

• I voted F. I think it's tough because things can change as the relationship goes on after the dating stage.

• I asked a girl on a date today, she said yes at first and seemed super excited about it, then she called me and called it off because there is only 3 weeks of school left before we head home from college and didn't want to start anything now. I realized that getting rejected for a date isn't the worst. I'll probably ask her out again come next semester. The number part was easy because she was just giving it out to everyone because she had to for an event lol. I've just maintained contact for the past month and built up the courage to ask her out after it seemed obvious she liked me.

• Voted F!!! Omg

• What up, bro? Please elaborate and share your experience with your fellow man! :)

• I voted A but I would have complained about the earlier stage if I could. :P

• I don't know... I guess I have problems approaching because of aspergers, but all of it is pretty difficult in my opinion.

Once I'm in, I'm set, because I'm actually pretty awesome.

• Excellent question. For me it was always A or C.

• Definitely getting her number. I could approach every girl I see. But getting her to give me her contact info is just damn near impossible for someone like me.

• The stage where i need to dump her but don't want to accept it.