Should I pay for her food?

She's never tried sushi but loves fish. I asked to see if we could change the fact that she never had sushi on Sunday. She put her hands on her face and smiled but seemed more concerned with eating raw fish than the date. It seems casual and it is casual. But I'm not sure if I should pay for her like I normally would. Or keep it 50/50 to keep things slow. First time out together.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're serious about her than pay if not then don't. If a guy didn't pay for me the first date there wouldn't be a second. See if she offers though because she shouldn't just expect it either. If she demands to pay she probably just wants to be friends. That's just my opinion though.

• "she shouldn't just expect it either"
      Funny cause that's what you do.

• @JuicyBrain You ask that's how you know. Plus I would never let a guy pay for me if I wasn't interested in a second date. All woman are different though seriously my opinion doesn't go for all of them. That's why it's safe to just ask on the first date instead of expecting things. Everyone is different. Communication is key.

• -I am all excited for our first date ! Should I pay for you?
      -Yes ! Absolutely, you should pay for me otherwise you won't get a second date. If I decide to pay, you'll know I didn't like our date.

I know I am pushing it, but it's pretty much what would be going on in our heads no? Sounds like a mood killer to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You pay... always... The only exception is if you are in a committed relationship for many months at least and you are having income problems compared to her. Otherwise, be the man, do your duty, and pay for her.

• Dude, they want to be treated equally. Why should they have all the perks of being a man and none of the downsides?

• @CeciliaMaria
      I am a feminist or what some people call equalitarian or whatever. How is that old fashioned?
      My biggest problem is when feminism only applies sometimes, depending on the woman, who never announces her color. You are left to guess which she is only based on luck. At least, before, the rules were well defined, now it's pure chaos and women are leaving the mess for us to clean

• @JuicyBrain Because tens of thousands of generations of human evolution have made us be the killers who bring home the food to keep the family alive. Women are the guardians of our evolution because they are more sexually selective than us and they have evolved us for that purpose. They instinctively expect us to care for them and we should instinctively comply. We are then worthy to have sex and the honor of her making a baby for us thus passing on our genes to the next generation. That's how it works.

What Girls Said 6

• It depends what type of guy you are. On a first date guys usually pay for me, even if I offer to pay half and it makes me feel special ;)

• You can, and she can pay for the second date.

• 50/50

• Do whatever you please :) personally I would only be annoyed if the guy made me pay for everything.

• I think that it would be very nice of you.. but don't feel obligated to😊

• If you invited her out than you should pay for her

What Guys Said 5

• Pay for her on the first two dates after that tell her Its going to be a 50 50 split right down the middle on everything. If she walks then she was not meant to be and shame on her

• pay for her, if she gets super mad at you paying or does everything in her power to not let you pay for her then move on she's not interested.

• Man up. Pay for the sushi. If she doesn't like it then it won't cost much anyway.

If she likes it AND she offers to get drinks or dessert, then you know she deserves a second date.

• Just pay up and shut up.. If you invite a girl on a date it is incumbent on you to stump up for the costs incurred... Hand in pocket and pay up

• oh yeah?😂