How long do you give a girl/guy before you realize they're not your type?

How long should you take really? A week, couple months? How long would it take for you to tell the person you wanted to date, dated, and realized they were your type, to tell them that its over?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be honest with him as soon as I realised he wasn't right for me.

I'd never string a guy along until I built up the courage to tell him. I'd be bold and tell him ASP. I'd be tactful, but honest with him. If I wasn't, then he'd be clinging to false hope, and my conscience wouldn't allow me to lead a guy into believing there was potential between us, when there wasn't on my part.

It would only be fair to the both of us if I told him as soon as I knew he wasn't the guy for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• first off... i believe anyone with a "type" and is looking for a "serious" relationship... is an idiot.
    secondly... dont they say that women can tell within the first few seconds if they will do anything with a guy? I believe guys can tell before we even decide to approach for the heck of it...
    thirdly... i don't do type, i give people a chance to convince me that they could BECOME my type. before i judge them by placing a "type" on them.

What Girls Said 9

• I suspect it after the first date but will try a second to be sure we weren't just having an "off" night. At the end of date two, I will know.

• Depends once it was like 12minutes after meeting them. I really regretted giving out my number that day lol. I used to beat around the bush and prolong confessing it, now that i'm older idgaf and i don't like wasting time so i'm pretty straight forward. I would want him to be the same way if he could honestly.

• I don't have a type honestly... I find thing's n people to like. My requirements are a pulse and a penis really.

• 10 minutes. No type needed, just spark.

• It just varies. Sometimes 1 date, sometimes several months

• Usually never know until it ends... could be days, weeks, months...
    My "type" is perpetually changing anyway

• Depends if its online or in person

• Two dates max.
    How long do you give a girl?

• when you realize you don't want to be in that type of relationship end it

• I'm going with one date

What Guys Said 2