What's your definition of a (CLINGY GIRLFRIEND)?

I went a day without contacting him & he told me he haven't heard from me in a while & I told him that's because I don't wanna be know as a clingy girlfriend cause I've been called that before.

Most Helpful Girl

• 30557 texts a day
    constant question asking about who im talking to/what im doing
    no trust
    ALWAYS have to be near me/touching me
    won't let me talk to other girls

Someone who doesn't keep boundaries or respects me

What Guys Said 4

• -Requires a sign in/sign out roster (with her signature) prior to you doing ANYTHING on your own. Figuratively-speaking, of course.

-Requiring you to reply to texts within 10-15 seconds after sending them, else face unending fury about how you never talk to her.

-Requiring constant care and affection without giving any in return. Also, being needy as fuck, 24/7.

-Demanding that you kick any and all female friends to the curb as well as any guys she doesn't approve of (which is most of them, except the one she thinks is kinda hot and would totally fuck behind your back the day you *really* piss her off. Girl's gotta have a backup, right?).

-Consciously and consistently trying to send non-verbal cues to everyone around you that you are HERS. Paranoid as all hell, too.

• I need some alone time. Actually, kind of a lot. If she's not willing/able to give me some of that. Don't get me wrong, it feels great to know someone wants to always be with you and cares that much and I want them to feel that way really but I NEED that time. I may not really even want to take the alone time but I still have to. It doesn't reflect on how I feel about her, I just need it. That would be my definition of clingy. My ex wife couldn't understand why I would go down in the basement and spend one or two whole days down there and hardly come up for air lol but I needed that time. She couldn't understand that and it contributed to our divorce.

• In your face all day and won't let you out of your sight after you come home from work

• If she is more into me, than I am into her. That is really all there is to it. Typically the one that cares least, accuses the other one of being clingy. Often sensing the other person doesn't care as much, may even cause us to want to try and fix the relationship by trying even harder, which just annoys the other person even more.

What Girls Said 3

• It varies from person to person. Rather than go out of your way to NOT be clingy, I would suggest maybe finding someone who is around your level of "clinginess". (Kinda like thinking of how much attention you need as a sliding scale between completely aloof and needs contact constantly.

I need to touch base at least for a good morning/good night or I kinda don't feel as secure. I am fine with more than that, but if I say I have to go do x or I'm hanging with a friend and will ttyl, I need him to give me that space. I prefer to hang out around 1x a week. I'm ok with a little more, I'm ok with skipping the occasional week.

When we started dating my boyfriend asked for at least 1 day during the week, 1 on weekend and I'm fine with it. He also initiates texts several times a day and doesn't mind if I do when something comes up I need to say. And we don't get on each other's case about response times and he does respect my boundary when I say I have to go and ttyl. This works wonderfully for me. Some would call either of us clingy, but it works for us because or attention needs are similar

• I define clingy as someone who doesn't give you your own space so you can do things on your own... without them They don't give you enough space to spend time with friends/family , or even spend time alone. We all need "me" time & " alone" time.

A relationship needs to be balanced. So a healthy relationship is when two people can spend quality time together , as well as time out for themselves... without each other.

• I think you just need to ask your partner what he considers clingy. I would probably be defined as (somewhat) clingy, we talk daily, see each other every weekend, hold hands all the time etc. But he likes that and he too is like that back to me. It's not like it's a chore for him, he puts his hand out for me to hold, he wants me to come over and he wants to talk also.
    But to others that are huge on personal space, they would probably hate me.