Guys, have you ever played "hard to get"? If so, why?

I'm pretty sure a guy I started seeing is playing hard to get... and I don't like it.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• In my past, I had been known for playing hard to get, but most of it was by accident.
    My accidental "playing hard to get" situations occurred due to my life style. I was a workaholic with a healthy social life (weird right?). I'd go to work super early, work until 6-7PM, go to the gym, and then went out with friends until pretty late into the night (same went for weekends as well). This led to many complaints from women saying I was playing hard to get. To some degree I understood, but trying to explain to a girl that I wasn't fully available due to my work load, and lifestyle never went over smoothly. I eventually became a normal human being and started working 40-50hours a week later on in life, and met my now wife, but during that time frame. Playing hard to get by accident led to a lot of angry women.

• You sound just like him! :O But why would you even bother dating or pursuing a relationship then? Where you clear from the start about your work and lifestyle?

• Yeah, maybe. I don't mind if that's the case, I would just like to know where I stand so I can decide what I want. Hopefully he'll tell me soon enough.

• Hopefully, if not just ask him. :)

What Guys Said 16

• I've never "played" hard to get. I've had a few girls pursue me that I wasn't interested in. But I'm really bad at rejection, so I tried to find some other way to show them I wasn't into them.

• And what was the way?

• basically, avoidance. Tried to avoid paying much attention to them. Tried to seem disinterested in what they had to say. That sort of thing.. This took quite a bit of effort because I tend to be curious about everything, so of course I want to hear what others have to say. But I also didn't want to lead them into thinking I wanted to know what they, specifically, had to say.

• no. because it is childish. If a woman plays hard to get, then I just let someone else get her and move on to someone worthwhile.

• i did, i just wanted to try it. totally works. but it only works if the girl is into you.

• I'm totally into this guy... or at least I WAS, until I noticed that he shows all the signs of playing hard to get. Or is just an egoistic ass.

• expect the worst, hope for the best. :)

• thats what I used to always say lol. as long as you try, then you're doing it right.

• No, I never play hard to get. Never means never!. I am always honest and straightforward.

• One time when I thought I have to "seem more mysterious" when in reality I would have had to be less socially inadequate and just be a likeable human being in general.

• Ugh no way. That is a very quick way for me to forget her name too.

• Yeah. I've cold shouldered chicks and I've said no to them when they asked me out. Why? Usually just out of shyness XD. Sucks. I try to make amends sometimes.

• No, too much effort into something so small. I'd rather just tell you whether I like you or not, so we can either have fun together, or get on with our lives.

• It alright to put up a wall at first but if a girl is chasing you at some point you just have to give in

• If I do I don't realize it but I'd like to think I'm not that hard to get lol.

• No, but I do occasionally act a little aloof at the beginning.

playing hard to get is a game with no winner.. kinda like tic tac too.

• Yeah right only if we want to keep our dicks dry which is not in our dna

• No. Its foolish.

• I don't have enough free time or interest, for that matter, to engage in poinless mindgames.

• I don't believe in that childish BS

• Naa im an easy bitch