Am I still a lesbian, even though I only like ONE guy?

I'm literally in my room crying about this. I don't like boys, I like girls! The thought of dating a guy grosses me out. There is this guy in my class who I really have feelings for and now I feel like I have identity issues. I don't want to like him.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• That would usually mean you were a 5 on the Kinsey scale, not a 6. Not uncommon at all, and nothing to be ashamed of. 0 is heterosexual, 3 is bisexual, 6 is homosexual. 5 is predominantly homosexual, with only some incidental heterosexuality. Like feeling attracted to one boy out of an entire school. That's not bi. That's not exclusively homosexual though, so that's why there is a scale. Very few people are actually out on the 'exclusive' edges.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't label yourself like this, you're focusing too much on "being a lesbian". You might be bisexual, who knows? Feelings are feelings, you like who you like. What's the problem if you like this one guy? Your identity is something very different from your sexual orientation.

What Guys Said 6

• Even though you're a lesbian, you're a still a girl, you still have female hormones. It can happen. My advice: let it happen. You like girls but if he's the only guy you like, enjoy it! Perhaps you'll soon start to discover that you're bisexual, we can never know.

• Girls sexuality is often fluid. You like a guy, so what? The problem with a lot of homosexuals these days is that you base your entire self-identity on your sexuality. Who cares who you are attracted to? It doesn't change who you are, so stop doing that shit. You have every right to feel you have identity issues, because in fact you have. You just covered them up by basing your identity on your sexuality and now your libido and heart gives you a heads-up that this was the wrong approach.

• Try not to get too hung up on labels. You are you, not a label. If you're attracted to this one guy, then you are. Your GENERAL orientation is towards girls, but you find this guy attractive. That's all.

• You're a mostly homosexual woman--that is, you have a mixture of homosexual and straight tenedacies, but your homosexual ones are stronger.

Don't turn this into an identity crisi; you have no obligation to your self or others to be strictly homosexual.

• Maybe you're pansexual/ demisexual... Any of those new fancy orientations

• Why are you crying because you like a boy? What's wrong with being bi? Best of both?

What Girls Said 12

• U should have pride in whoever you are. Dont label urself a lesbo then shame yourself when you find out you're not! Lol this is a bit lame and sad. Just chill relax and be whoever you are. dont love or not love someone to uphold some title or name. Such as being lesbian

• Yes. You are. Homosexual biromanticism is a thing. And you know what? Who cares. You know who you are. It doesn't matter what label you give yourself.

• maybe you're a bi, or a lesbian with bi romantic tendencies, so I don't know, who cares.. enjoy life

• Not sure if anyone can answer this but you. Maybe you're bisexual? Do you have an attraction to him or is it just caring feelings?

• You're probably bisexual, it's fine, don't cry!

• Why not? you might really start to like him and it could turn out to be something really beautiful... as for sexual orientation, you are probably justbisexual.. you re fine

• You're a bi now

• If you're lesbian, you should know that gender doesn't matter, it's the person you like that matters. So why worry about your identity? You like him, be happy about it!

• yes of course or bi

• That's called bisexuality.

• You're bisexual

• That's almost like saying you're upset because you're not mentally ill. You're probably bisexual. Why do you need a definite answer anyway?