Would you date a writer?

Someone who can can create such detailed scenery so easily it has you baffled.
Are writers good liars? Could you trust someone who knows how to tell stories? I wouldn't. I don't think I could. I applaud their intelligence and imagination but it's too easy for them to lie, or to come up with something so outlandish even they believe it...
how about An actor/actress as well?

• Yes to writer
  • no to writer
  • Yes to actor/actress
  • No to actor/actress
I will be reconsidering now everyone has very insightful opinions

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think most writers are like that. Many of them are socially awkward and retreat into their fantasy worlds, because they have such difficulty talking to other people. In many cases they are the worst liars you will ever meet. If anything I have found people that lack creativity tend to be the biggest liars. They just copy and paste other things they have heard in order to manipulate people, instead of trying to get creative and come up with anything new. Coming up with a new type of lie would just be far too risky.

Most Helpful Girl

• YES YES YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS YESSSSSSS OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSS

whoa, I just imagined my life with a writer, I rarely consider people as hubby/wife material but writers are def a turn on for me. Soooo creative, so smart, so original, so imaginative. YES YES YES TO A WRITER.

and yeah, actor or actress is fine too.

What Guys Said 20

• I'm a published author, and current writer. I'm a truth seeker, and don't use it to hurt anyone. I've helped many people see things they often over looked. My genre is romance and relationships, I'm both technical and fantastical, I like making someone's most intimate thoughts come alive on paper and show them that what they dream about can come true at least the experience of it. I also like analyzing things to their microscopic level so they can be seen from all angles, I leave no stone un-turned.

• The only sad thing about dating a writer in my case is that my way of thinking and ability to analyze *anything* is just nowhere nearly as detailed as what is required to be a writer... it feels like dating up the chain, which always brings up the question if they still like you back even though you just aren't on their level.

But I still voted "yes".

• Good writers are not liars. Quite the opposite: they tell the truth in a way that people can better understand. Writers can be hard to live with precisely because they care too much for the truth.

• +1 x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000

• (Among a quintillion billion thousand hundred other things that I do to actually pay the bills... lol)

• @redeyemindtricks You're right! I'm a would-be writer who can't count. Anyway, from what I've read of your comments, you don't lack imagination so much as you use it in how you write more than what you write about. That counts just as much. The world doesn't need more fantasy as much as it needs more of the truth told well.

• O absolutely I could be with a writer I'm a poet so I'd have no problems with them, I also am writing a book slowly but surely and FYI writers aren't liars that's kind of mean to say.

Anyone from any walk of life has the capacity to be a grade A liar.

• Writer maybe but it depends on what they write. For example I wouldn't date someone who writes for buzzfeed or jezebel.

Actress is a maybe for short-term but a no for long-term.

• @Anonymous has asked an interesting question.
    I have been a journalist and, therefore, a professional writer for 40 years.
    I could almost not get a date until I was 30, but that was because I was not a player for a scumbag bad boy. I do not think that my field of work had anything to do with it.

• I with that GAG would allow us to go into our posts to correct typographical errors, as well as errors created by the imbecility of the spellcheck.

• I would. I'm a writer... ish.

• I don't really care what she does as long as she enjoys it. I play video games, I enjoy that.
    Would you date me lmao?

• Sure but if she's always broke dont look for me for your full time meal ticket

• writers and painters
    their imaginative power is awesome

• Quiet beautiful it is

• I don't think a writer would lie just because they could…

I would think that if you dated them then you'd probably realize that they have good morals

• They think theyir stories through and put a lot of details into it, allibies and all. Doesn't mean every time you ask a writer a question, they'll have a book right in their heads with every answer lol

Yes, I'd date one.

• I am a writer myself , and really this is about the person morality not his job

• That would be cool...

• Why do you think people that can write stories are capable of getting away with lies?

• Yes to both
    I'm a writer myself
    I'm not very good at lying

• Writers are just another subset of artists. Which means if you can deal with the typical outlooks and need to find 'deeper meaning' in everything like every other self proclaimed/professional artist you'll be right dandy mate.

• nope sorry

• everyone is goodat lying if it comes down to it
    some people are just better at it than others
    a writer doesn't necessarily lie any more than anyone else
    in fact i find that we are a bit more open

• as long as ur sexy bitch idc what u do

What Girls Said 23

• I'm a writer, and I suck at lying so there's that. I love writing fiction, but very little of it is actually fictional. Sure, the characters and the places are made up to a degree, but honestly, a lot of it is people I have encountered or known, or just aspects of a combination of people I have known filtered through the eyes of someone that is a little teeny bit invented, at least in name. And the situations, the conversations - those come from real life. They are things I've seen, observed, or been a part of. I once wrote a story about an old man who broke out of his nursing home that was actually about the relationship between that old man and his son who had been fighting because neither would listen to the other's concerns properly. And what it was REALLY about was my dad and my grandpa, who had been fighting and it was making me sad. So this is all to say that yes, I would date a writer because writers aren't liars, they are just observant people who really look at the world and pay attention to it. I don't use writing to come up with crazy situations, I sue it to deal with what I know and have witnessed.

• yes to both

• Oh yessss😍

• I'd rather date a writer than an actor. They tend to be insightful and full of dreams

• I don't date actors or musicians as a rule but I'd be willing to date a guy who wrote as a hobby.

• I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous question. You can't make overarching generalizations about ALL writers and actors.

• Nothing wrong with a writer since I've seen some amazing stories in video games that are mind blowing.

Yes to both.

• Well I plan on being a writer, this makes me happy so many people would date someone like me xD

• I have been with a writer in the past. They are not liars, well, this one wasn't. He had a heart of gold, and lived in a world where everything came to life. He made this crppy world beautiful with just his words, spoken and written.
    They can be manipulative, with their words and so on. But the majority don't use it for self benefit :)

• I'd be extremely 'cautious' because they can be so insanely kind, emotional, and good at making up stories, or just extremely boring and can keep talking about 1 topic for years passionately.. It can get boring.

• Of course. I'm a writer too so that's just one thing we have in common

• Writers are imaginative lol and creative

Actors are the ones selling fake emotions

• oh yeah, for sure. I like writing too.
    I dont think that being a liar relates to being a writer tbh, writing is a way of expression, an art.

• Depends on what he writes.
    If he is someone who writes books to share knowledge ; specially religious stuff or psychology stuff, then yeah, sounds dope.

• i would sooo date a writer, i can imagine the dirty talk would be spectacular

• Were I single, yes.

• Sure

• Yes to both.

• Yesssss, absolutely.

• Hell yeah I'd date a writer, I'm a writer!

• no, cause writer give me headache, they are boring and all

• I would.

• Lol I wouldn't date a writer cuz writers r smart with complex writing skills and.. That's boring