He seems to want to keep our dating private. Is this a red flag here?

We've liked eachother for a few months so we started dating not that long ago and things have already jumped to a kiss, however I asked how things are going to be like in college considering no one knows, and he said "just like normal" (act as friends) I asked him if he was concerned for us being seen like how we were and he said "no, are you?" So I told him I wanted to be seen with him. However he wants it to be normal. Shall I call it off

sorry if it's confusing

3

What Guys Said 3

• Well he is keeping his options opens... i would suggest u to fuck this dude and move on with ur life

• You need to understand that relationships that are preserved cut off from the public last longer than others. Understand him from point of view, did you care to find out the reasons for his decisions, and what are your reasons. You cut off the relationship and still meet another man that reasons the same way.

• Do you really like him? Because if so, I can't believe you'd consider calling it off just because of this? Really? You care that much about others? Is he a trophy? He's a private person probably and it's really not anyone's business but you two. Especially when it's early in the relationship still (you've only just kissed) so it's seems very reasonable to me. Doesn't sound like you guys are moving very fast at all so why would he want to make it public knowledge?

• I do really like him a lot, i just hear these bad reasons why they would want to keep it private (keeping options open, is ashamed or embarrassed, just using you for their emotional and physical needs) etc. so I'm afraid to get hurt.

• Well those are possibilities but I wouldn't jump to those conclusions. It's very possible he's just not into public displays of affection. If you haven't, you can just go ahead and try doing the things that you want to do, telling people or whatever and if he gets upset, just confront him on it and ask him bluntly what his problem is. He's already said it doesn't bother him so if that's true it should be fine. If he gets upset then you know there's something he's not telling you or sharing with you.