I'm dating a great guy I don't really like?

I'm in a really complicated situation. He's a very good friend of my friends, we're kinda in the same group of friends and he likes me a lot, but I don't see him more than a friend. At the beginning I wanted to go out with him to know him better, he's a great guy but I'm not attracted and I don't see myself in a relationship with him. I really don't know what to do , I should have told him from the beginning but I didn't want to seem ignorant and I ended dating with him and he likes me even more now... I don't want to hurt his feelings, I really want to continue as friends, nothing more... Any advice on how should I proceed?

Most Helpful Guy

• You fucked up big time!! Now you are gonna hurt him so much... When you will tell him... So shallow of you... Purposely leading him on..

• These kind of girls have no emotions for anyone... they wil lead guys on and just fuckin toy with their emotions.

• What a wonderful personality you have! I feel sorry for your future girlfriend. :)

• I already have a girlfriend and she is the best person ever... And she loves me too... Cause she ain't a bitch like you

Most Helpful Girl

• Tell him. You're not attracted to him but you like him as a person. Explain that to him. Also explain to him that your feelings will probably not change on the matter, so if he can't just be friends, you understand but you're going to have to cut him off.

What Guys Said 8

• You can't avoid hurt feelings. He likely likes you very much but it will hurt A LOT more the longer you keep him in the dark. Talk to him now. Be completely honest and just tell him how you feel and how you see him. I'm curious, if he's a "great guy" what don't you like about him? You'd rather have a guy you like but that's an asshole?

• just tell him the truth, chances are he's being too nice which girls never likes, he will learn from his mistakes and you will like him much more once he starts ignoring you, trust me it happened to me, so tell him that you're not interested so he can move on and you can move on as well.

• If you don't want it to continue, then end it. It is that simple.

• Well be with him, great guys are rare in 21st century and you will return to him after getting experience with thousands but at that time, he won't date you cuz, he is great guy and he will found someone.

• why the heck on earth would you be with person who you aren't attracted to? Say bye-bye to sex life and genuine chemistry.

• One day you will be regretting and he will be banging a hotter chick.

• You messed up, you clean it up. Tell him and move on.

• Maybe you should stop being shallow and plastic.

What Girls Said 12

• I feel im the one in his position in your situation and if he didn't have feelings id rather him just up an tell me

• I don't see this going anywhere but downhill. There's really not many good choices here. Just grow some balls and tell him that you wanna end whatever you two have, be honest with the dude. If you continue dragging him along, in the end it will hurt even more for him. Sometimes in life we gotta do things we don't enjoy but ultimately it's for the best.

• It's better to end it Now then lead him on any further

Just tell him you realize that you're not ready to date and that he should find someone

• well, the more you linger around the situation, the more miserable you will get, and the more misery you will cause him in the end (the more he knows you the more he'll be attached to you). So the best thing to do is tell him straight up how you feel. You can't force attraction, but it just comes on its own. So you should try to tell him that although he's great, you're just not feeling the attraction right now.

• Just tell him, if u dont do this as soon as possible is gonna be harder and he's gonna suffer more.

• You're just going to have to be honest... Break it to him gently but tell him the truth.

• I've been in this situation! What I did was tell him "You are extremely attractive, nice, funny, but I just don't feel the chemistry between us. You did nothing wrong at all, I would just prefer being friends. I'm really sorry if I led you on, I was just unsure about it, which is why I went on the date. Again you did nothing wrong and you will definitely find someone great, that person just isn't me." Being super nice always helps , they can't really get mad at that. Answer mine please:)?

• Be real.

You'll regret it the longer you stay with him.

• Dump him and have minimal contact so he can move on.

• The more you go out with him, or worse, avoid doing so, the worse it'll be if you break up with him, which it seems like you want to do. So, I think that it would be much easier for both of you if you end it

• tell him. it may hurt him but its better than it going on longer and him falling more

• End this as fast as you can. The longer you wait, the more he will fall for you and the more it will hurt when you do break it off. Be honest and kind, telling him you think he's absolutely great and you don't know why the hell you're not falling for him but it just feels off, like you're lying to yourself by bejng in this relationship. Something like that.