Is an expensive gift for a boyfriend OK, even if he hasn't given me an expensive one?

Is it better to get a cheaper gift, or is it O. K. to get him an expensive one?

Boys and girls, what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends how long you have been together.
    I personally wouldn't spend too much money on any gifts and instead try and find something that's meaningful to the two of you and shows that you put though and effort into it.

What Guys Said 5

• The key to gift giving is to get something that you believe they will like that will mean something to them NOT to compare who spent how much. If he spent more money on you then him would it mean anything? Obviously some one is going to spend more then the other, if it was on sale does the gift mean less then if it wasn't? The gift matters ONLY in so much as it means to him, the sentimental and personal value. I have a crayon scribbled piece of paper from my nephews they gave me as a holiday card, best gift I've gotten in a long while. So its not okay because it doesn't matter to begin with.

• I would give gift to a girl with whom i have been in a long term relation and that too not expensive.

• Its okay if you think if you find it okay, I dont see anything wrong with gifting a pricier gift.

• do whats your heart say. dont go with mind its always wrong decision.

• Are we talking hundreds or thousands or tens of thousands

What Girls Said 3

• How long have you been with him? An expensive one is ok but it really does depend on how long you've been together.

• 6 months

• If I were you I'd wait until I was with someone a little longer before getting an expensive gift. But if you want to, then do.

• It might make him feel bad if you get him something more expensive.

But don't reconsider getting an expensive gift JUST because he got you a less expensive one.

• I think it's fine if you really like him..