What should I do? I need help?

I live with my mom who is extremely co-dependent and ex-schizophrenic and i want out, im 23 and i feel controlled and i barely have build a life for myself because she always chokes me to death, if i go out too much its a problem, if i work too much its a problem, i feel threathned and i even dont go out anymore because i feel so... depressed. I found a room in a studenthouse but i will leave her behind and i am SCARED to DEATH what might happen if i leave, she might lose it if i give her the information of me leaving, how will she react, she is unstable... i dont have many friends around who could help me with moving out... what should i do? i mean i never even had a boyfriend, im in constant stress, lost friends, always at school, just plain depressed, she wants me to include her in my life but when i do she undermines me and acts mean...

What Guys Said 2

• Just let her know you're ready to move out, you can't live at home your whole life anyway. As long as you are financially supporting yourself she can't really say no to it. I know at first my parents didn't really want me to leave home but they obviously realized that it had to happen sometime and now that I have left home they have more free time and w/e so it cuts down on the workload which actually helps them out a bit. As long as you keep in touch with your mother it shouldn't really be a big issue.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• You should move out and confront you fears.