Dating a best friend, should I go there?

Okay, I'm in quite the predicament.

So I'm currently in my junior year of high school, and I'm the type of guy who is intelligent and reserved. I have been best friends with a person who we will call Angela, for 4 years now? Yeah. We met in middle school and have been best friends since. I asked Angela to prom, just friends, and we had such a great time! We really made it fun for each other. Here's where things get interesting. So Angela and I had this running prank with another person, Jamie. We had convinced Jamie that Angela and I were dating. So at prom Jamie was around so Angela and I would act like a couple would, hold hands, be close with each other, etc. I thought it was all just us having fun as friends right?

Well, I guess not. ha. haha. hahaaaa.

So I found out through a different best friend yesterday that Angela actually likes me, which, IS CRAZY, because we've been friends for like 4 years!!!

I seriously don't know what to think, since at one point in time I did like Angela but I just don't know anymore. I would hate to ruin our friendship like this, and plus I was starting to develop feelings for someone else (Who would never like me back) so I just really don't know what to think.

The thing is the more I think about it the more I can imagine it working out. But I'm just so afraid to date my best friend.

please help.

certainly someone has had to have gone through this before please give me your thoughts and ideas I'm struggling here real bad.

Thank you for your time, I really appreciate every answer. :)

What Girls Said 3

• No. It'll never be the same again. My best friend and I tried dating but it didn't work out. We're still close, and best friends but now things are different.

• Flip a coin🙃

• Go for it!

What Guys Said 0