Girls, would you consider dating a FTM transgendered man?

ftm means female to male of you didn't know. I've been on testosterone for awhile and I also workout so I look male and no one ever knows I'm trans unless I tell them. I'm 6'0 so that helps. This is very understandable if someone doesn't but could you see yourself dating someone who looks and identifies as a certain gender while having the sexual organs of another? Tbh i don't see why someone would intentionally date a trans person when you could have the real thing. Would that throw you off too much when being intimate or is it fine? I've never met any girls who were okay with it and I'm slightly scared that I'll never have a serious relationship. Quite tired of getting "you're attractive but I need a real guy sorry :(".

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, you're a dude. I don't understand this phobia people have. As long as you got the right parts and are mentally a dude, I don't see the problem.

I hate how people always say "I support transgender people, they are who they feel they are" and then contradict themselves by saying "I wouldn't date them though because they aren't actually a dude/chick". Doesn't make sense to me...

• Yeah I see that a lot. Like it's not offensive to say you aren't interested in dating them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Such a person still has XX chromosomes, so that person is, in reality, a woman.
    Therefore, any woman who was with her would be in a lesbian relationship.
    Transgenderism is the manifestation of a mental illness. Such people should be helped through their problems, not mutilated by so-called gender reassignment surgery, which cannot be reversed.
    I have read that the post-operative suicide rate for such people is huge, usually after they change their minds and realise the enormity of what they have done.

What Girls Said 19

• I kind of feel the same way, I am attracted to someone that was born male not someone transitioning to be one. Even if you had all of the parts as a actual male, I still would lose attraction, it's just not my cup of tea.
    This goes beyond "preference", it's more so someone sticking to their sexual identity.
    I have a trans. friend in your situation as well, she is male transitioning to female and no guy wants to date her.
    Only those on the down low who wish to experiment.
    They would never be in an actual relationship with her however.
    She's having a hard time dating.
    I suggested to her, that wouldn't it be easier if she met a woman who was transitioning to be male.
    She briefly thought about it, but since she considers herself biologically a real woman I doubt she's even consider it.
    This is just so complicated, isn't it?

You'll eventually find someone who will accept you for you, you just have to keep searching. You're still pretty young so you have plenty of time.

• Yeah it really sucks. I feel as if I need to have transgender tattooed on my forehead to let people know what I am so I don't mislead them.

• As long as you're upfront about who you are right away, you're not misleading n e one.

• yes because I give no fucks. if I like them, I like them.

• No, I wouldn't since I'm straight & knowing that a guy used to be a girl is completely off putting. Try your chances with bi girls as I imagine you'll have better luck with them.

• Nope, that would be a dealbreaker for me.
    I can't be with someone who's a man in terms of behaviour and appearance, but still has all the biological parts, from body, genitals, to cognitive functioning, of a female.

• Sounds hot but I'm bi so maybe that's why.

• I could definitely see myself romantically invested. So ya I would definitely consider.
    but the deciding factor is just who you are. your personality. not whats in your pants.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it.

• It would probably not be my thing. For a lot of reasons. I would accept you as a guy but just not the kind of guy I would go for xD if that makes sense. But I totally support everyone doing what makes them happiest.

I'm sure there are plenty of open minded girld who wouldn't care about your past. And maybe if I was in a certain situation I wouldn't either. But I'm really attracted to the traditional male and I don't think I could find that in someone like you

• I completely understand. I like women so it'd be weird for me to date a trans woman who has a penis.

• I would date any person that I had interest in.

• it's not about looks or sexuality who care's if your mtf or ftm as long as the other person loves and accepts you for who you are I would date them as long as they accepted me also :)

• No I'm not a pansexual

• Yessss sir.

• Wait, only if you have a dick tho
      Ankznwjdks didn't even read good
      Gotta have all the fixins

• nope. I want a real man.

• I couldn't do it.

• The only issue i would see with a relationship with you would be creating a biological family. But other then that i would be fine with it.

• No, it's a female with a brain issue

• I don't mean to be mean. But tbh... I couldn't ever. I actually fear that'll happen since girls are starting to look like guys.. it's deceiving. Im straight and I actually want someone that was born a man. So yes... I need a guy with a penis.

• Lol sorry to break it you but a female on testosterone doesn't look the same as a masculine lesbian woman. Boyish maybe but not completely masculine. Thanks for giving your opinion though.

• Thats why I say it's deceiving Lol

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 4

• This changes as you get older, and if you move to a more open minded city. Also if you want to find someone with a kink for trans Fetlife. com is a fine site for all kink.

• Sorry but I should have mentioned that. I'm not interested in being someone's trans fetish. I'm talking about a girl who would just like me for me and understand what I am as a person. I don't have an issue with people just wanting to have sex with me. I need help relationship wise.

• Its a crappy wait I know. My LGBT+ friends all say they didn't get 'comfy' until after college.

• Weird thing that happens though is that because I look like a guy now and I'm around LGBT people, gay guys hit on me all the time lol.

• I don't see a lot of women being ok with it. You'd be best off targeting bisexual women because they'll date men and women. Or in this case, a woman that looks, talks, and acts like a man.

• Well no in not a woman anymore. I was born female but that doesn't have an effect on me now.

• You are what you're born. You have 2 X chromosomes, so you're a woman. No amount of messed up thinking or surgery will change that.

• Don't they have a penile forming procedure?

• Yes it's called a phalloplasty. Not all men get it though. Can also be costly. Even with that though lots of women don't find that appealing. You also can't create sperm either.

• Well, I'd go for 9 obviously LOL. But, would it "pass?"

• by the way, they recently created sperm cells from bone marrow cells.

• I would think most would not.