Is it weird to want a over protective and clingy girlfriend?

So I'm talking to this really cute girl in my Criminal justice class we text pretty much the whole day. And she told me she is very protective and clingy but I actually want to be loved to the point I have to pri her off me when I go home.

I didn't talk to her all yesterday because she on a trip and I felt like shit not being able to talk to her , well I could but I want her to have fun on vacation

Most Helpful Girl

• No, that's normal, I'm like that and glad to hear some people like girlfriend like that :)

• Yeah I just like to be loved to the max

• Yes, I love it too, it's like a mark of affection for me. Who wouldn't like it?

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, it's psychologically unhealthy.
    Someone who is extremely dependent on another to the point where they cannot function, has insecurity issues.
    Why would you want someone like that?
    Someone like that, may want to know your every move, every whereabouts, and it has nothing to do with the fact that they care about you.
    It has to do with themselves.
    It has to do with the fact that if they don't constantly know where you are, they feel as if you're doing something wrong or cheating on them.
    That person has trust issues that will be bought into your relationship.
    When you understand that overprotection and clingyness has nothing to do with love, then you will see my perspective on this.
    Someone can love you, and feel confident that you're okay when you're off doing your own thing.
    They wouldn't have to constantly have to validate their negative thoughts into something positive by checking up on you, to see you are exactly where you say you are at a given time.

• That is like, the sweetest thing I've ever heard! Wish my boyfriend would be like that! But instead, I have to force myself to restrain and not be clingy, because he gives me rude looks when I'm too clingy. Even when I contact him more than once a day

• Never once has anyone that has ever told me they wanted a clingy lover actually knew what they were getting into. Clingy means insecure, and it equals controlling. End of story. Say goodbye to your individuality, or ever doing anything alone ever again.

• But the fact that she's way to pretty for me and I love her personality , I can't stay away from her I'll take my chances

• LOL good luck with that!

• Some people are into that, as long as it's not anything our of control it's not a big deal you can like what you like.

• Lol sounds like me. Nah man. Not weird at all

• Because that's not asking for trouble.

• Lol I feel you.
    I don't think it's that weird, I would kind of like a protective and clingy boyfriend as well xD

• No she'll be like your Mom

What Guys Said 1

• nah you can find crazy in droves good luck :D