How would you feel if you found out your date brought their Concealed Carry Weapon on the date?

If you went on a date with somebody, and learned that they had a gun on them the whole time, how would you feel?

I carry on a daily basis, but have not been in the dating pool for quite some time (since before I had my CCWL). Would it be weird/bad/whatever to bring my conceal carry with me on a date?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I carry nearly 100% of the time. They would never even know probably. Idaho, my state, just did away with ccp. On July 1, anyone can carry concealed without any license other than felons of course. They can't carry at all. The state still offers them for $20 for other states requirements and to avoid the background check when buying a gun cuz it takes the place of the background check. My county of about 50,000 people about 20% have a license and a third of them are women. There's a great chance she's carrying too lol. Idaho like ever other gun state has the 3rd (about) highest rate of gun ownership and the lowest gun murders, about.8 (gun states all hover around 1 per 100,000 people, the highest being 3) per 100,000 people. In states with lots of gun laws and low percentage of gun ownership, the gun murder rate hovers around 5 per 100,000 people, the highest being 17. So, you're far more likely to be killed by a gun in states with fewer guns. I know this cuz just did research for a letter to the editor in support of our governor signing the previously mentioned law into place. All stats are from the FBI crime website.

What Girls Said 18

• It wouldn't bother me at all. I would feel safer knowing that he was carrying. People who carry concealed are not really the ones to worry or be concerned about. Then again, I don't have any issues with guns in general.

Women who don't like guns for whatever reason or don't know anything about them are probably the ones who would have an issue with you carrying.

• If someone had had one in that movie theater during Dark Knight , the loss of life would have been much less. So, not a problem.

• I had 1 guy do it and I was totally ok with it, but I have a deeper understanding of ccw laws than a lot of girls.

I recognize that someone looking to use a gun inappropriately probably won't go through the proper chanels.

That guy left his in the car cuz it freaked most girls out that he had dates with.

• She has a right to know that you have it on you before you take her out. Guns can be very triggering, no puns intended. I'm used to it myself, 3 of my friend all have a concealed carry, and 4 others have an open carry. 2 girls, 5 guys.

• It would make me cry! 😥 There is only one secret weapon you need to date me! ( and it's not carried on your hip! 😉)

• I would mention to her beforehand that you normally carry, and ask what her preference is. That seems like the option that extends the most courtesy.

• There certainly wouldn't be a second date, if I managed to stay on the first one for the whole time after learning there was some psycho with a gun in my immediate vicinity.

• Fine. If had mine aswell.

• I would show them mine.

• It wouldn't really bother me.

• Well in the UK it's illegal to carry a gun so I guess that's not an issue over here.

• Obviously let her know cause every girl is different and you don't want to freak her out. But personally I'd be happy

• Safer. Assuming everything was legal.

• Protected?

• I read "How would you feel if you found out your date brought their Concealer Carry Weapon on the date?"

• I'd think "oh damn someone is overcompensating lol bye!"

• It depends on his attitude. The "good guys with guns" wannabe vigilante thing is lame to me. I live in an area nearly everyone has guns, but only carry in instances they feel are probable to need them, so people who are hyperexcited about guns seems overzealous.

I'm more likely to be concerned that he drives safely than the rare odds that a shooter appears in a suburban Applebee's. 🙃

• I'd be grossed out, I'm against carrying guns. It causes more violence and danger than it solves.

What Guys Said 26

• It seems pointless to bring a gun on a date unless you're going to a shooting range for the date. Do you plan to get in random gun fights with people when you're out and about? I don't have any problem with guns, hunting, home protection, target shooting, or even preparation for zombie apocalypse fantasies... But dude you're going on a date with a girl. You're meeting up with someone that you might potentially start seeing on a normal basis and who you hope you can place some level of trust in. Even warriors lay down their arms when they negotiate.

• I'm not bringing the gun to protect myself from her, if that's what you're saying. I live in the United States, and the entire reason I carry a gun on me is because after seeing all the mass shootings that have been happening more and more frequently, I simply refuse to be the one who isn't armed. It's not about protecting myself from her, it's about everyone else. It's just good practice to bring your CC everywhere you can.

• It seems like a fearful way to live. While mass shootings are glamorized by media, they aren't that statistically common for most Americans. I'm from the USA as well and don't feel the need to cary a gun on a daily basis. I don't care if people do, I just don't feel threatened. Even if I did carry a weapon, I'd put it down when I was with a woman or children under normal circumstances.

• I used to carry one long time ago, so you need it you carry it - big deal. Why not just tell her you're carrying a weapon with a permit. I did :D

• I'd be happy knowing that she would not feel the need to sacrifice me to the villain inorder to run away herself.

• Nothing in the world wrong with it. I don't know where your from, but where I am that is very normal. She might be carrying too, who cares? I doubt you would want to date a girl who was anti gun anyway

• It wouldn't matter to me, I always have a pocket knife on me at all times, when I don't have my combat knife on me. So if she wants to carry a handgun, that's fine with me as long as she is trained in it's use, besides it's her god given right to do so.

• Well, I'd think I was going to get murdered =/

• I would feel safe.

• I personally wouldn't be comfortable dating a woman who carried a concealed weapon. I love going to the shooting range, but wouldn't carry a gun with me.

But this is the thing... if you're not leaving your gun home, then whoever you date should be comfortable with it. Otherwise, it's just a problem waiting to happen. ;)

• I wouldn't mind at all. Keep in mind what the first C stands for, concealed. There is no reason for the other person to know. And in many states which don't allow open carry, any visibility or imprinting of the weapon would violate the conditions of the CWP.

• It's just that the date isn't all in a public place, we're getting food and then going back to my house. Since I use a OWB style holster it would be very obvious that I have a gun on me as soon as I take off my jacket when I get home. Just kind of nervous at how someone would take that.

• Yeah, that was my thought to.

• *coy voice* What type of gun, hot stuff? And is it in your pants?

My reaction to you saying "I have a gun". It amused me, and I hope it amuses you too.

• I suppose if you live in a place where you can do this, it would be a fairly ordinary thing.

Personally I'd think she is a frikkin undercover and I've been stung for some something lol.

• I'd report them to the police and feel good about myself before going home and considering my life choices and how they got me into this situation.

• No civilian is allowed anywhere near a firearm here in the UK , but am well trained from pistols / SMG's to MG's , I would not care , providing she wasn't a man hating nutcase !!

• Why wouldn't you be ready to protect yourself just because you're on a date? Anything could happen.

• In case, the date didn't end well...

• It depends on her attitude, I personally don't mind it if she's a cool ass person. If she's a bit sketchy and I'm getting to know her then I'd feel like she's potentially dangerous.

• I'd be happier than a pig in mud if she carried.

• I'd just think "Good. She wants to protect herself."

• Guess I won't randomly grab her ass lolp

• I wouldn't care if my date brought a gun.

• Maybe this is just because I come from socialist Canada, but that sounds terrifying. I personally would not feel safe with a gun nut carrying their piece strapped to their leg while I went on my first date.

• thats fine I could be a rapist
    or want to kill her
    she doesn't know

• As long as the chamber is empty and safety is on... I can't imagine why anyone would mind

• Perfectly fine to do. Of course if they don't like it then ditch them.

• i'd be ok with that.

• Well if they let me touch it I've got no problem. Sharing is caring.

• Sounds like my perfect woman. I'm getting a CCW as soon as I turn 21 and intend to carry my whole adult life.