I like my best friend of five years, should I ask him out?

So I have known him since we were 10 years old, and we became really good friends through fencing, which we both do to this day, and just this past year I realized that e was more than a friend for me. I really want to ask him out, but A) I don't think that he likes me and I don't want him to go out on a date out of sympathy and B) I really value our friendship and don't want to ruin it

• Ask him out
  • Leave it be

Most Helpful Guy

• want to go through your life with regrets of what could have been if only you had? you aren't going to chase him away if he says no, you'll just have the pain of dealing with where he is at.
    To prepare for such an engagement, you can try changing the dynamic of the relationship a little and turning up the heat. Nothing like a warm hug...

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should go for it, life is too short to not take risks.

What Guys Said 2

• Life is too short not to take chances! What do you have to lose? Trust me, living with regret is the worst!

#YOLO

• You do not risk it you lose so just go for it and hope for the best 👍

What Girls Said 0