What are your opinions on dating a vegetarian or vegan?

this question is for guys and girls
feel free to express yourself negative and positive opinions welcomed :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Well as a fitness guy I eat a shitload of meat haha so it can kinda cause problems, when I lived by San Francisco many girls were vegetarian! haha hipsters! So dating did get interesting a couple times. It's like ok lets find some hipster restaurant and order spaghetti squah. haha WTF is spaghetti squash?

• It's spaghetti made out of squash noodles. But I prefer carbs! but that's just my preference though I'm a fun vegetarian not a restrictive preachy one

• haha it's all good! it's healthy usually so there you go. I was just kidding, but ya it can be a little extra work making arrangements, but if I'm into her it's not a big deal whatsoever.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not an issue as long as he doesn't make a big deal about it. I'm not going to change my eating habits and if he starts preaching to me, I'll just get pissed off. I know it's a pretty big deal to a lot of vegetarians and vegans, and it would be best if those people also date other vegetarians/vegans. I'd be up for eating lots of vegan and vegetarian food as long as it's not forced on me, and as long as I don't feel like he's being judgmental.

What Guys Said 37

• I'm fine with it eventhough and I applaud someone for having their sense of values. Offer it but don't force it on me. It may be tough cooking at home especially if one is vegan and doesn't want the aromas and cross contamination. Could be a strain going out to eat if strict... It limits choices.

I was a vege/vegan and gave it up for health reasons.

• i went with one, it wasn't like bad or anything. she just cooked her own shit thats all. she didn't care what i ate, and she expressed her hatred for soda lol.

• As a vegetarian myself (trying to convert to vegan), I actually PREFER to date a vegetarian/vegan. I'm too much into animal rights and stuff.

• As long as she doesn't come at me for eating meat all the time... i don't really care. but many seem to. then i just remind em which animal eat non-meat products.

• I would consider being vegetarian a plus. If they were a holier-than-thou vegan it would be a big minus, probably a deal killer.

• That's not a deal breaker, but don't judge me on what I eat, each to their own.

• Vegan? No. I don't have time for you shoving that peta shit down my throat

Vegetarian? Yes, but so long as above doesn't become a problem

You can have your rabbit food. Let me eat my steak
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...8b79f43cbd.jpg

• lol, I'm vegan an one thing that annoys me when deciding to go out to eat with friends is when they pick a place that isn't vegetarian friendly and assume that since they have salad on the menu I should be happy. I always complain I'm not going out for rabbit food.

• side note: I hate peta.

• I'm vegetarian, and it's so much easier if we both have compatible food preferences. If she ate meet it isn't a deal breaker, but her being vegetarian is definitely a plus.

• Idc if she's vegan or vegetarian as long as she don't care and doesn't try to shame me for eating meat. I'm a carnivore and always will be.

• I've eaten vegetarian/vegan before, so this isn't really an issue for me.

• I dated a vegetarian once, I didn't see any problems with it. She doesn't want to eat meat? Sure, no problem.
    Veganism is a bit more extreme, but I don't think I would mind.
    However I think the actual decision would depend on the fact whether this girl would try to convince me to do the same or is one of those people who will give speeches anytime anyone talks about meat, I'd really get annoyed by that.

• same and Iam a vegetarian myself preeching can get annoying at times

• Exactly, it would be the same like if you were dating a guy who was constantly commenting about how good he thinks bacon tastes (which is the most basic shit ever btw). I think you should let people make their own choices, including if you are dating those people.

• As long as they don't try to make me feel like shit for eating meat or convert me we'll be fine.

• I never would.
    The first time I buttered a piece of bread and she flipped shit that I was using an animal product, I would throw her ass out of my house so fast her head would spin!

• I don't have a problem with it unless they are trying to make me one also. Then it's a problem.

• For either one you need to learn how to cook special food for them. For me I honestly would not be able to date one. I like my meat to much.

• I like fruits and vegetables too, but there's a high chance she's going to go all political activist on me for eating animals and try to convert me to her lifestyle at some point. Some of the biggest reasons why people become vegetarian are ethical reasons pertaining to animal rights, religious reasons, environmental action issues, or cooky raw diet pseudo science. While I love animals, and do work in other ways to improve the environment I don't want to listen to the extremist views of most vegetarians. I'm keenly aware of biochemistry when it comes to human nutrition, I love animals, I work to improve parts of the environment and have even taught the subject before so when I hear the rants that a lot of vegetarians spew out of their ass I can't respect them.

• As long as they don't make me follow their diets.

• Vegetarian? maybe.

Vegan? no way.

• as long as she doesn't complain that she's hungry because all she ate was a salad and dont try to stop me eating meat i dont care

• lol touche'... I'm a vegetarian and I I DO NOT eat salads often but I do eat double vegan cheese burgers though

• As long as they go to my favorite Steak houses with me and don;t criticize me at anytime I can try it

• I grew up with a vegetarian mother. She was absolutely disgusted by meat. In fact, sometimes she had to leave the room while my dad, my brothers, and i ate meat.

When i was a kid, i was so accustomed to it that i thought it was normal for boys to eat meat, and girls not to. So when i went to school and saw a girl my age eat meat for the first time, i was absolutely flabbergasted. 😂😂😂

Needless to say, it wouldn't bother me.

• Would she still be attracted to my meaty dick?

• I've dated vegetarian girls, and besides of a learning more about vegetarianism cooking and preparation of food, it was never a big deal. :)

• I'm a vegetarian. my mother and sister are non vegetarians. I I can adjust with both.

• I wouldn't really mind

• no problem with it. my ex crush is vegan, she's together with someone who eats meat too... so it works

• I wouldn't have a problem dating a vegetarian as long as they don't have a problem with me eating meat either.

I definitely would not date a vegan. They're just a bunch of aggressive tree-humping lunatics.

• I probably wouldn't. I eat meat, I hunt and fish, and am not going to change. I can't imagine me dating a vegetarian would work out very well.

• Great! I love vegetarian girls! But she can't try to change me.

• A no-no for me simply because sharing the same food feels great. And I have a dislike for picky eaters.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 20

• I'm fine with it as long as he ain't trying to convert me -.-

• I'm a vegetarian myself so I would welcome that very much, actually I would prefer it because it would make having dinner together and/or picking restaurants so much easier!

• I wouldn't mind dating one as long as they weren't preachy and judgmental. My dad is a vegan and never judged or condemned or tried to force us to follow suit.

• seeing as I have been both through out my life up till few years ago I wouldn't have a problem with it, aslong as they were criticizing my diet and or trying to shove their beliefs down my throat.

• that would be awesome!

• I would date a vegetarian guy as long as he doesn't have a problem with me eating meat. I'll pass on a vegan guy as vegans seem to be too extreme for me.

• I would rather not. Actually it's a turn off simply because I would love to share my food with my SO.

• I'm with one right now. I don't really care since he doesn't bother with what I eat.

• I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as we were able to respect each other's life choices.

• That'd be ideal for me since I'm vegetarian myself. If he was vegan I'd probably go vegan too.

• I think it's nice that they eat healthily. Obviously if they're dating me they wouldn't have a problem with my food choices. I wouldn't mind it.

• Sure why not

• I would love to

• i don't think it'd work out tbh, most of the food i like eating and cooking have meat or animal products in it. he'd have to learn to cook himself or teach me how to cook the food he likes eating.

• I would have no idea what to feed them. I need protein and if all I have is beans, the night will get messy through the second half

• I would maybe date a vegetarian but definitely not a vegan.

• I'm open to it, as long as they dont try to convince me of becoming vegetarian or vegan, is all good :)

• I don't see why not, as long as they don't judge me for wanting to eat meat.

• It's not an issue unless they push it.

• Never, my mother is like that and that's impossible to do anything cause she's always against all so no I wouldn't